When you work with hundreds of connections in your address book, we recommend that you switch to the column view. In this view you can view and manage your connections more effectively.
Switching to the column view
In Viewer select the View tab and click Details:
To change which columns are displayed, right-click on the column headings bar and select items that you would like to add to the current view:
Here is a list of column headings along with their descriptions:
- Connection. A descriptive name of a connection in the address book.
- Hostname. An IP address or DNS name of the target PC.
- Internet-ID. The Internet-ID of the target PC.
- Connection type. This can be either direct connection or Internet-ID connection. If Internet-ID is used, the Internet-ID server is also shown (whether public or custom).
- Status. See more information on connection statuses.
- Ping. Shows the result of the "ping" command (Connection tab → Ping).
- Sort order. Shows the value of the Sort order field which is available in connection properties. This field and the related column are used for custom sorting.
- Auto-logon. Shows if auto-logon is enabled for the a given connection.
- Last IP. The last IP address used by the given Host. This is not necessarily the IP address of the Host computer itself. For Internet-ID connections the Last IP address shows the IP address of the last used Internet-ID server.
- User. The current Windows user signed in on the remote PC.
- Version. The current version of the remote Host.
- Update required. This column informs if the Host version is outdated.
- Comment. Shows the contents of the Comment field which is available in connection properties.
Resizing and rearranging columns
To rearrange columns click the column heading and drag the column to a new location:
To adjust the column width hover your mouse pointer over the edge of the column until the cursor changes its shape, then click and drag to set the desired width.
If you added a comment to a connection, hover your mouse pointer over the Comment column to view the comment:
You can group connections by their online status for better manageability:
To enable group view click Tools → Options → View tab and select Use group view: