The Text Chat mode allows you to exchange text messages with the remote user.
Starting Text Chat mode
- Select a connection in the address book
- Click Chat on the General tab (the modes panel is expandable):
- A chat window will open.
- Enter your message in the text field and click Send or press <Ctrl> + <Enter>.
Users and channels
There are two types of users in text chat:
|— administrators who enter the chat on the Viewer side. Administrators can initiate a chat session.|
|— regular users who enter the chat on the Host side.|
Channels are chat sessions with individual users. There is a special channel called #General — messages sent in this channel are visible to all users:
To start a chat session with an individual user, double-click the user's name in the list. A new tab with individual chat session will open:
To change your chat nickname:
- Click the Settings icon ( ) at the top left corner of the Text Chat window
- Uncheck the Current user name as nickname check box and enter a desired name:
Sending images and files
You can send images and files to other participants:
- Click Insert image or Insert file on the toolbar in the text chat window:
- Select the file on your local disc and click Send:
- The file will appear in the chat for the recipients to download.
By design, the Insert image command only works for images in the BMP format. To send images in other formats use Send file instead.
Mini-chat is a simplified version of text chat which opens alongside the Full Control window. Learn about mini-chat here.