The File Transfer mode allows you to copy files and folders to and from the remote PC.
Starting File Transfer mode
- Select a remote connection in the Viewer address book
- Click File Transfer on the General tab of the main Viewer toolbar:
- A File Transfer mode window will open:
Copying or moving files and folders
To copy or move a file or folder to another PC:
- Open the source folder in one pane and the destination folder in the other pane.
- Select the file or folder you want to copy/move, right-click on it and select Copy or Move:
You can use tabs to open several remote locations side by side in the same File Transfer window:
To open a new tab click the New tab icon on the toolbar.
This menu contains commands that you can apply to files and folders selected in the File Transfer window. You can access the same commands by right-clicking on files and folders in the list. The Quit command closes the File Transfer mode.
The commands in this menu apply to either a selected tab or to all open tabs.
Use the access menu to switch from Current user to System account if you have issues copying/moving files to the remote PC.
You can add frequently-used folders to your bookmarks:
- In the left pane click the asterisk button and select Add current dir:
- The Bookmark window will open. Enter the bookmark title and path and click OK:
- To open a previously-added bookmark click the asterisk button and select the bookmark from the list:
You can access frequently-used commands at the bottom of the File Transfer window. To run a command, either click on it or press the associated F key on the keyboard.
Drag and drop
You can drag files and folders (both local and remote) from the File Transfer window and drop them in the target folder or window on the local computer or vice versa.
Smart download resumption
If the file download was interrupted, the download will resume automatically the next time you initiate file transfer.