When to use
With this method the address book file is simply copied from one Viewer to another. When you further update one copy, the other copy is NOT updated. Use this method when you have few records in your address book or when you don't update records often.
Throughout this page we call "Viewer 1" the source Viewer from which you export the address book and "Viewer 2" the target Viewer to which you copy the address book.
Exporting address book
- Open Viewer 1, navigate to the Tools tab and click Export connections.
- Specify a location for the address book XML file and click Save.
- Copy the address book file onto Viewer 2 PC (e.g. using a USB stick, via email).
Importing address book: Merging with existing records
This section shows how to merge records from the exported address book with records in an address book that already exists in Viewer 2.
- Open Viewer 2, navigate to the Tools tab and click Import connections.
- Select the exported address book file and click Open.
- Select the target address book and click OK.
- The records from the exported address book will appear alongside the existing records in the target address book.
Importing address book: Adding as new
Unlike merely adding records to an existing book as described above, you can load the exported address book so that it is displayed as a separate entity in the Viewer 2 folder tree.
- In Viewer 2 go to Tools tab and click Address Book Manager.
- In the Address Book Manager window click Add.
- Select Open existing address book and click OK:
- Select the address book and click Open.
- Click in the Name column to change the address book name to something more descriptive. When you are done click Close.
- The new address book will open in the Viewer 2 as a separate address book: