Use the Inventory Manager mode to view and save detailed reports about hardware and software installed on remote PCs.
Generating an inventory report
- On the General tab select Inventory manager and double-click on a connection in your address book:
Alternatively, right-click on the connection icon and select Other modes → Inventory manager from the menu:
- Enter the access password and click OK:
You can generate reports for multiple remote PCs. Simply select the connections in the address book while holding down Ctrl or Shift key.
- The Inventory Manager window will open. Select the PC in the left pane and click Get information:
- Wait until the data is collected.
Refresh icon means the report is in progress Green icon means that the report is ready Red icon means the remote PC is not accessible (you need to log on first)
- View the report in the right pane by scrolling down the page.
Check the Hide information about software checkbox if you only want to see information about hardware.
Exporting a single report as HTML
To save a currently selected report as an HTML file:
- In the left pane of the Inventory Manager window select the PC for which you want to save a report.
- Click File ➝ Save as in the window menu, browse to a desired folder and click Save.
Exporting multiple reports
To export multiple reports as HTML or XML files:
- In the left pane of the Inventory Manager window select all the PCs for which you want to save reports.
- Select File ➝ Export checked as HTML.. (or "Export checked as XML..") in the window menu, browse to a desired folder and click Save.