Use the Inventory Manager mode to view and save detailed reports about hardware and software installed on remote PCs.
Generating an inventory report for a remote PC
- Select a remote PC in the address book for which you want to generate an inventory report. The PC must be online.
You can generate reports for multiple remote PCs. Simply select the connections in the address book while holding down Ctrl or Shift key.
- Click on the Inventory Manager button on the General tab (the modes panel is expandable):
- The Inventory Manager window will open. Select the PC in the left pane and click Get information:
- Wait until the data is collected.
Refresh icon means the report is in progress Green icon means that the report is ready Red icon means the remote PC is not accessible (you need to log on first)
- View the report in the right pane by scrolling down the page.
Check the Hide information about software checkbox if you only want to see information about hardware.
Saving and exporting reports
To save a currently selected report as an HTML file:
- In the left pane of the Inventory Manager window select a PC whose report you want to save.
- Click File ➝ Save as in the window menu, browse to a desired folder and click Save.
To export multiple reports as HTML or XML files:
- In the left pane of the Inventory Manager window, select the PCs whose reports you want to export.
- Select File ➝ Export checked as HTML.. (or "Export checked as XML..") in the window menu, browse to a desired folder and click Save.