Use the Configuration dialog to start and stop the service and change access settings.
In this topic:
On the computer where RU Server is installed, go to Windows Start menu, select All programs -> Remote Utilities Server -> Configuration.
- Start - Start the service
- Stop - Stop the service
- Install - Install the service
- Uninstall - Uninstall the service
- Integrate with firewall - Integrate the service with Windows built-in firewall (add to exclusions)
- Language - change interface language
- Allow named pipes connection (local connection) - use this option to allow connections to the server from the Administrator Console installed on the same PC as the server itself (default option)
- Require administrator rights - the Administrator Console must be run as an administrator to enable connection to the service
- Allow TCP/IP connection - allow connecting to the service from an Administrator Console installed/run on another PC
- Password - also set access password
- Port - port used for connecting to the service
- Start admin module automatically - this will automatically run the Administrator Console on this computer when Windows starts