Internet ID connection settings
"Internet ID", or simply "ID" is a short nine-digit code assigned to a Host. The ID acts as an address of the remote PC and enables you to connect to that remote PC through firewalls and NAT devices (routers).
Enabling Internet ID
- Right-click the Host icon and select Internet-ID connection settings:
- Click Get New ID:
- A new ID will be generated for this Host:
- Copy the ID and close the window. You need to use this ID when adding a new record in the Viewer. Refer to the Connecting to remote PC page for details.
You don't have to generate the ID each time you connect to this Host. Once generated, the ID stays the same unless you manually re-issue it in the Advanced Internet ID settings.
Advanced Internet ID settings
Click the Advanced button to change advanced settings.
- Turn on/Turn off – turn the Internet ID feature on and off
- Get new ID – generate a new ID code
- Select Internet-ID server – choose your self-hosted Internet ID server (RU Server) instead of our company server
Selecting Internet ID Server
You can select your self-hosted server to use for Internet ID connection.
- In the Internet ID settings window click Advanced and select Select Internet-ID server:
- Clear the Use default server check box and specify your self-hosted server IP address or DNS name. If you use a different port for your RU Server, also specify the port.
- Click OK and close Internet ID settings window.