If the remote PC is visible to the Viewer PC (i.e. you can connect to the remote Host using its IP address), you can check if the Host is online by using the Ping command.
- Select a connection or multiple connections (Ctrl + click) in the address book.
- On the Connection tab click Ping or press the F8 key:
- If the remote computer is online, a small green check mark will appear beside the connection thumbnail:
Auto-ping command works the same way as manual ping except the ping is performed automatically at regular intervals.
Auto-ping will NOT work for connections that have "Internet-ID" connection type selected in the properties.
To enable auto-ping and set an interval:
- Select a connection or multiple connections in the address book.
- Right-click the selected connections and click Properties.
- In the connection properties window, go to the Auto-ping section, enable Use auto-ping and set a desired interval:
To enable auto-ping for all newly-created connections use Default connection properties.