Managing address books
Use the built-in Address Book Manager to add address books into the Viewer and edit their properties and synchronization settings.
Opening Address Book Manager
- Go to Manage tab and click Address Book Manager:
- The Address Book Manager window will open:
Adding a new or existing address book
Adding an address book to the Address Book Manager means adding the path to an address book XML file on your local disc. You can then load or unload that address book into/from your Viewer by selecting or clearing the checkbox next to the record.
- In the Address Book Manager click Add and select the address book kind - local or remote. Click Local:
For information on how to add a remote (synced) address book please refer to the Server role: Address book sync tutorial.
- Select whether you want to create a new address book or open an existing address book file. Select Create new address book file and click Finish:
- Specify the destination and filename for your address book file on the local disc and click Save:
- A new record has been added to the Address Book Manager. When the checkbox is selected the corresponding address book is loaded into the Viewer: If you want to unload some address book from the Viewer just open the Address Book Manager and uncheck the corresponding check box in the list. Note, that you cannot unload the general (default) address book — it is always visible in the Viewer.
- You can rename address book as it will be shown in your Viewer interface:
- Click Close to close the Address Book Manager. The address book will appear in the navigation pane of the Viewer window.
To add an existing address book use the same procedure. In the 2nd step above just select Open existing address book file and select the address book file using the Windows Open dialog.
To edit an existing record in the Address Book Manager:
- Select the record in the list and click Edit:
- Edit the general properties:
- Active — enable or disable showing the address book in the Viewer
- Address book name — specify the name under which the address book should appear in the Viewer
- Location — click Browse to specify the path to the address book on the local disc
- Edit synchronization properties:
- Enable synchronization — enable automatic address book sync
- Server — specify which self-hosted server to use
To delete a record from the Address book manager, select the record with your mouse and click Delete.
Deleting a record will NOT delete the actual address book file. It's only the path to the file that is deleted from the Address Book Manager.