To open Host options:
- Right-click the Host icon in the system tray and select Settings for Host:
- Click on the Settings for Host button and select Options from the menu:
- This will open the Options window.
Show icon in system tray - clear this checkbox to hide the Host icon on the remote PC. This feature has been discontinued.
- Hide Host menu – do not display the Host menu when right-clicking the Host icon in the system tray
- Hide Stop Host and Restart Host menu items - remove the corresponding items from the tray icon menu (Host restart needed to apply this option)
- Do not capture RDP sessions - enable this option, if you do not want to capture remote (RDP) terminal sessions
- Disable Internet-ID and callback connections - restrict this Host to accepting direct connections only
- Use legacy capture mode - enable this option if you have issues when using the Full Control and View mode
- Show notification panel - show notification panel (Host restart needed to apply this option)
- Change tray icon view - make the Host icon turn red when the remote connection is active
- Show balloon hint - show a standard Windows balloon hint when the remote connection is established
- Play sound - play sound when the remote connection is established
- Port - the port the Host will use (5650 by default)
- Use IPv6 - enable IPv6 support
- Proxy server - specify proxy settings
- Auto connect - set the Host to auto-connect to the Viewer at regular intervals
- Interval - set the auto-connect interval in seconds
Learn more about callback connections.
- Use event log - enable logging on the Host side
- Show logs folder - opens the folder where Host logs are stored (
C:\Program Files\Remote Utilities - Host\Logs\is the default location)