You can protect Host settings with a password to prevent them from unauthorized modification by the remote user.
Enabling settings protection
- Right-click the Host icon in the system tray and select Settings for Host:
- Click Settings for Host and select Settings protection from the menu:
- In the Settings protection dialog enable the Password protect settings checkbox:
- Enter and confirm a new password, then click OK.
- [Optional] You can protect Internet ID settings and callback settings by selecting the respective check boxes.
- Click Close to close the settings protection dialog.
How protection works
With the Host settings protection enabled, whenever you try to access the settings, the program will prompt you for a password. To unlock the settings, enter the correct password and click OK: