Connect through proxy
If your company uses a proxy server you may need to configure access through proxy on the Host and/or Viewer side, depending on which side the proxy is.
The proxy settings on the Host side are global.
The proxy settings on the Viewer side are connection-specific, i.e. they are specified individually for each connection in the address book.
Configuring proxy on the Host side
- Right-click the Host icon in the system tray and select Settings for Host:
- In the configuration window click Proxy, select Use proxy server and specify the proxy details:
- Click OK to close the Host settings.
Configuring proxy on the Viewer side
1. Right-click the target connection in the address book and select Properties.
2. Go to the Network tab and click the Proxy settings button.
3. In the Proxy Settings window select Use proxy server and specify your proxy settings:
4. Click OK and close connection properties.
If you need to specify proxy settings for all newly created connections, use Default connection properties. If you need to change proxy settings for multiple existing connections learn how to edit properties for multiple connections.
Proxy Settings window
- Use proxy server - enable this to make the program access the Internet via the specified proxy
- Proxy type - select the type of proxy: HTTP, SOCKS4, SOCKS4A or SOCKS5
- Proxy server - proxy server address
- Port - proxy server port (8080 by default)
- NTLM authentication - enable this if your proxy server requires NTLM authentication
- Proxy server requires a password - specify username and password if required by proxy
- Import from IE - import proxy settings from Microsoft Internet Explorer