Address books are important as they contain saved session properties for accessing all your remote PCs. Make sure that you always have a recent backup of your address books.
By default, automatic daily backups are enabled when you install the Viewer. The General address book as well as any custom address book that you add to the Viewer gets backed up on a daily basis.
The default location for your backups is:
- Windows 7 and higher:
C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\Remote Utilities Files\backups\
- Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\user_name\Application Data\Remote Utilities Files\backups\
Backups are created daily per address book. For example, if you have three address books in your Viewer, each day three backup files will be created and put in the backup folder.
keys.dat file needed for the Add using code feature is also backed up. You can restore it from the same backups folder above.
You can disable automatic backups (not recommended) or change the default backup directory in the Viewer options:
- Open the Viewer, select the Tools tab and click Options.
- Select the Misc tab. To disable backups, uncheck Backup address book. To change the directory, click Browse and select a new destination folder.
You can manually create a backup of an address book using either of these methods:
- Select the address book in the left pane, click Manage ➝ Manual export and save the address book as an .xml file to a desired location.
- Copy the XML file itself to a different place. For example, the corresponding XML file for the General address book (on Windows 7 and higher) is
C:\Users\user-name\AppData\Roaming\Remote Utilities Files\connections_4.xml. To manually back up this address book, copy the file
connections_4.xmlto a different location.
Restoring the General address book from a backup
The General address book is the default address book which is automatically created for you when you install the Viewer. Here is how to restore your General address book from a backup.
- Navigate to the backups folder (
\%AppData%\Roaming\Remote Utilities Files\backups\) and select the backup copy that you want to restore. Backup files are stored in the ZIP format and use the mask
- Unzip the file to a location on your computer where it will be safe from accidental deletion.
- Open the Viewer, navigate to the Tools tab and click Manual import:
- Select General address book in the dropdown list and click OK.
Use the Replace existing check box if you want to replace your existing records with the imported data. If you keep this check box clear, your existing records (if any) will stay and the imported records will be added to this address book.
- In the Windows file selection dialog locate the backup XML file that you unzipped in step 2 and click Open. Your General address book will be populated with records from your backup file.
You cannot change the corresponding XML file location for the General address book. The General address book in your Viewer always points at
\%AppData%\Roaming\Remote Utilities Files\connections_4.xml. When you restore your General address book from a backup file as described above, you are essentially copying data from your backup file into this file.
Restoring a different (custom) address book is a similar process. In order for the destination address book to appear in the Import to dropdown list it must be open/loaded in your Viewer navigation pane. To create a new, empty address book use the Address book manager.