- Compare Licenses
Remote Utilities license is a one-time purchase and not a subscription. You are buying a license for the major version which is current at the time of your purchase. Subsequent program updates and upgrades are governed by our Upgrade Policy.
|Price per 1 concurrent tech||$0||$99||$249||$499||Contact us|
|Maximum endpoints per tech||10||20||50||∞||∞|
|Business and personal use|
|All connection modes|
|Automatic address book sync|
|Direct connection (TCP/IP)|
|Internet-ID (firewall bypass)|
|Configuration and Deployment||FREE||STARTER||MINI||PRO||SITE|
|Free MSI file|
|Full silent install|
|Multiple authorization schemes|
|Centralized permission mgmt|
|Helpdesk (support tickets)|
RU Server licensing
RU Server (self-hosted server) is free and doesn't require a license. You can install and use any number of RU Server instances.
The server can be integrated with Remote Utilities registered with any license type including the free license. The level of technical support provided for the server is the same as for the Remote Utilities license that you own. See our Support Policy for more information on support levels.
Interested? Contact us now!
Price per 1 concurrent tech
- Remote Utilities is licensed per concurrent tech.
- A tech (technician) is a user or admin who is using the Viewer app to connect in to a remote machine.
- Concurrent techs are techs who are simultaneously using the Viewer apps registered with the same license key. The number of concurrently working techs counts against your license.
- In addition, the chosen license type (Free, Starter, Mini, Pro and Site) determines the maximum allowed number of endpoints (address book entries) per each tech.
- The price specified is a one-time fee. Remote Utilities license is NOT a subscription. Program upgrades are governed by the Upgrade Policy.
Maximum endpoints per tech
- Endpoints are remote computers represented as records in your Viewer address book.
- The maximum number of endpoints is determined by the chosen license type. There are five license types: Free, Starter, Mini, Pro and Site.
- A tech can load multiple address books into the Viewer app. In this case the allowed maximum number of endpoints is calculated across all address books currently loaded into the Viewer.
Business and personal use
Any Remote Utilities license including the Free license can be used in both business and personal setting.
All connection modes
A connection mode is a way in which a specific task is performed during a remote session. There are 13 connection modes in Remote Utilities, including Full Control, View Only, File Transfer, Terminal, Execute etc.
Install the Host module on unattended and/or headless workstations and servers to get remote access to them.
Automatic address book sync
- In a multi-user environment an address book can be shared and synced automatically between multiple techs.
- You can set individual access permissions for each tech to discover, edit and view only certain address book items (folders and endpoint records).
Note: Automatic address book sync requires using the self-hosted server.
Direct connection (TCP/IP)
- With Remote Utilities you can establish direct connection between Viewer and Host over a TCP/IP network, such as a private LAN, VPN or the Internet. No intermediary (relay) server is used for direct connection.
- Direct connection may require additional network configuration on the Host side such as opening the Host listening port and setting up a port forwarding rule.
Internet-ID (firewall bypass)
- Use Internet-ID connection to access a remote computer located behind a firewall or router. No additional network configuration is necessary.
- You can route an Internet-ID connection via our public servers, which is the default option. Alternatively, you can use your own self-hosted server and become 100% independent of our infrastructure.
You can start multiple simultaneous remote sessions from a given Viewer. The number of simultaneous sessions is naturally limited by the maximum number of endpoints allowed by your license type (Free, Starter, Mini, Pro and Site).
Full silent install
Perform a completely silent installation of a custom Host with the Internet-ID connection enabled. No warning message is shown to the remote user.
Multiple authorization schemes
Use the following authorization methods to log in to remote Hosts:
- Single-password security
- Users and access control
- Windows authorization scheme
- RU Server security
Multiple methods can be enabled for the same Host.
Transferred data is always encrypted with industry-standard secure encryption algorithms. Learn more about security.
Centralized permission management
Create users and groups and assign permissions to them. In the self-hosted server console you can centrally manage who accesses what and quickly terminate or restore access for specific users and groups.
Note: Centralized permission management requires using the self-hosted server.
Turn on 2-step verification for a remote Host to add an extra layer of security. Google Authenticator or a similar app can be used to display the one-time password (code).
Certain support cases may be resolved faster if a remote session is used.
For more information see our Support Policy.