Before you start:
Where to use
The "Agent" configuration option allows you to customize the Agent module. You can add your logo and welcome text, and pre-configure Agent settings.
For the purposes of this tutorial, we will assume that you have the following goals when building an Agent package:
- Goal 1 Have the program generate an Internet-ID code and send it to your e-mail address.
- Goal 2 Use the default (public) Internet-ID server.
- Goal 3 Also generate a unique access password for each Agent and send it encrypted via email.
- Goal 4 You want the program to display a disclaimer message at Agent startup. For example, if you are providing remote support services you can display your rate card before a remote session starts.
- Goal 5 You want the Agent window to display your company logo and welcome text.
Let’s see how you can configure the program to achieve these goals.
Run the Viewer as an administrator, select the Tools tab and click MSI Configurator:
Step 1: Select the path to the Host file
Specify the path to the downloaded Host MSI file and click Next.
Step 2: Select the type of distribution
Select Agent package and click Next.
Step 3: Advanced options
On the Internet ID tab do the following:
- Enable Set or update Internet-ID connection settings
- Enable Generate a new Internet-ID code and Send Internet-ID to email.
- Specify your email address (Goal 1).
- Select Automatically generate Host password (Goal 3).
- Select Use default (public) Internet-ID server(Goal 2).
Switch to the Other tab and check Show disclaimer at startup (Goal 4). Enter the text of the disclaimer in the field.
"Integrate your logo" tab
Switch to the Integrate your logo tab and add your logo and welcome text in the appropriate fields (Goal 5).
Click Preview to see how the customized portion of the Agent window will look like after the customization. Close the preview window.
In the MSI Configurator window click Next.
Step 4: Settings update
In this step you can pre-configure Host/Agent settings. Neither of our goals for this tutorial requires Host/Agent settings configuration, so we can skip this step. Select Skip Host settings configuration and click Finish.
Select where you want to save the transitional
.msi file and click Save:
Since you skipped settings configuration the program will immediately offer you to save the final output file. Select where you want to save the output file and click Save:
Configuration has been finished successfully. Click OK to close the configuration window.
Running the Agent
Let's see what will happen when you or your customer run the configured Agent file on a remote computer.
Copy the Agent file onto the target computer and double click the file to run it:
In the User Account Control (UAC) prompt click Yes:
A disclaimer window will be shown with the text that you specified. Click Accept:
An Agent window with your logo and welcome text will appear. The Ready for connection checkmark means that the Agent has successfully connected to an Internet-ID server and is waiting for a remote session to start.
Adding a new connection to the Viewer
Since you have enabled Send Internet-ID to email option (Goal 1) and also chose to generate and send an access password (Goal 3) you should receive an encrypted email with access credentials. To add a new connection to your Viewer please follow the steps described in this section.