The Internet-ID dialog is where you set or change the settings for an Internet-ID connection, including the Internet-ID code and Internet-ID server.
1. Right-click the Host icon in the system tray and select Internet-ID connection settings:
2. Click Get New ID:
3. A new Internet-ID code will be generated for this Host:
4. Copy the Internet-ID code and close the window. You need to use this Internet-ID code when adding a new connection record in the Viewer address book. Refer to the Connecting over the Internet page for details.
You don't have to generate an Internet-ID code each time you connect to this Host. Once generated, the ID stays the same unless you manually re-issue it in the Internet-ID settings.
Advanced Internet-ID settings
Click the Advanced button to change advanced settings.
- Turn on/Turn off – turn the Internet-ID feature on and off
- Get new ID – generate a new Internet-ID code
- Select Internet-ID server – specify your self-hosted server instead of our public server
Selecting Internet-ID Server
This is where you can specify your self-hosted server to be used for an Internet-ID connection instead of our public (default) servers.
1. In the Internet-ID settings window click Advanced and select Select Internet-ID server:
2. Clear the Use default server check box and specify your self-hosted server IP address or DNS name. If you use a different port for your RU Server, also specify the port. Learn more about server ports.
3. Click OK and close Internet-ID connection settings window.
Setting a PIN-code
If you set PIN-code on your self-hosted server, you must specify that PIN code in the Host settings as shown below:
The PIN-code feature is used to prevent unauthorized Hosts from connecting via your self-hosted server.