Community

Remote Utilities 6.12 Beta

Page:
Links used in this discussion

Polina, Support (Posts: 1103)

Nov 09, 2020 1:51:47 pm EST

Hello Mark,

Thank you for your message.

Yes, in the latest version 6.12.2.0 Beta 2 we've discontinued the Monitor driver and replaced it with another screen blacking mechanism that also allows to set up a custom text to be displayed on the remote screen when it's blanked. For more information please see the Release Notes page.

The Monitor driver is automatically uninstalled when you update Host to the latest 6.12.2.0 Beta 2 version. It's available for download on this page.
When updating Remote Utilities please make sure to update both Viewer and Host/Agent to the same version as the version mismatch might lead to performance issues or some features not working.

Hope that helps.

Mark Purcell, User (Posts: 5)

Nov 09, 2020 6:44:24 pm EST

Support level: Free or trial
Excellent, thank you! I assume all hosts would need upgrading if the viewer is upgraded? Also, does this upgrade keep all settings and configured connectons so it's just a simple install of the beta2 host and viewer versions? Thanks.

Nov 10, 2020 1:29:27 pm EST

Hello Mark,

I'm glad to hear we were able to help!

I assume all hosts would need upgrading if the viewer is upgraded? Also, does this upgrade keep all settings and configured connectons so it's just a simple install of the beta2 host and viewer versions?

We recommend to always update Viewer first and then update Hosts, but in small groups (or try updating 1-2 Hosts prior to updating the rest of them), rather than all of them at once.
Yes, it's advised to update all of the Hosts to the same version as Viewer to avoid version mismatch - we still provide as much backward compatibility as possible, however some of the features (especially new features or bug fixes) might not work as expected.

Regardless of the update method you choose, Host's settings from the previous installation are always saved and carried over to the updated installation (unless you use Advanced Update method along with a custom MSI installation file). Viewer's settings and connections in the address books are always carried over to the updated version as well (unless you explicitly remove them from your system as described in our complete uninstallation tutorial).
For more information please see our guide on updating Remote Utilities.

Hope that helps.

Mark Purcell, User (Posts: 5)

Nov 10, 2020 11:38:38 pm EST

Support level: Free or trial
OK, that's good. The reason I asked is sometimes beta software is completely standalone from released software for testing purposes so I was just checking. Great support, thanks!

Nov 11, 2020 12:56:10 pm EST

Hello Mark,

Of course, we're happy to help!

Please feel free to post another message if you have other questions or need further assistance.
Page:

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -5)

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using this website you agree to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.