Community

Beta testing: Remote Utilities for macOS/Linux

Links used in this discussion
jeffzacuto Zacuto, User (Posts: 2)
Nov 12, 2020 2:07:14 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
I installed the viewer software on a Mac running Big Sur, and when I start the program it just hangs. Is this a known issue?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2848)
Nov 12, 2020 12:44:24 pm EST
Hello Jeffzacuto,

Thank you for your message.

We will test this out to see if we can reproduce the issue and get back to you with an update soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
jeffzacuto Zacuto, User (Posts: 2)
Nov 12, 2020 8:48:11 pm EST

Polina wrote:

Hello Jeffzacuto,

Thank you for your message.

We will test this out to see if we can reproduce the issue and get back to you with an update soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you! The problem persists on the production version of Big Sur I installed today.
Shane van Jaarsveldt, User (Posts: 1)
Nov 13, 2020 9:22:49 am EST
I have the same issue on a new Big Sur installation - confirmed just freezes after startup before even displaying the client window.
Steve Laws, User (Posts: 2)
Nov 13, 2020 11:36:20 am EST
I have the same issue.  I upgraded a 2017 Macbook Air and a 2015 MacBook Pro to Big Sur yesterday, and both freeze after launching Remote Utilities (Viewer1.0.5.b5).  I even downloaded the latest version, and re-installed, but with no luck.  
Thank you for any help or feedback you can provide.
Steve Laws, User (Posts: 2)
Nov 13, 2020 4:06:42 pm EST
Hi.  I am trying to download the latest Mac version from your website dated today, November 13, 2020, but I am getting a 404 error when I press the download button.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2848)
Nov 13, 2020 5:02:28 pm EST
Hello everyone,

This is to inform you that we've fixed the bug that was causing Viewer to freeze when launched on macOS Big Sur.

The latest version 1.0.6.q Beta 6 of Viewer for Mac with the implemented bug fix is available on this page.

However, please note that currently, there are some issues with the downloading button, we're currently working on fixing this. We will notify everyone in this thread once the issue is fixed and the updated Viewer for Mac is available for the download. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Once the above issue is fixed, please re-download the updated Beta version of Viewer for Mac and see if this helps to resolve the issue.

Please let us know if you have more questions.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 3013)
Nov 13, 2020 5:12:48 pm EST

Steve Laws wrote:

Hi.  I am trying to download the latest Mac version from your website dated today, November 13, 2020, but I am getting a 404 error when I press the download button.

Hi Steve,

Sorry, there was a temporary issue with website server. Now it should download ok.

Thanks.
Mike Nakhla, User (Posts: 2)
Nov 13, 2020 8:13:45 pm EST
Hi all,

The app launches on Big Sur, but now I just get a gray screen and it never actually loads the host desktop. Not sure if this is an issue for others. Thank you for your help!

Mike
Nuno Porfírio, User (Posts: 3)
Nov 14, 2020 4:35:16 pm EST
Good evening to everyone,

I’ve exactly the same problem described by Mike: my MacBook Pro (with the new Bi Sur) launches the App, but only a gray screen appears and it never actually loads the host's desktop.

We brought a several licenses for our company (I can check with our responsible IT department Manager which kind of license we have) and I’m the only one that works in Mac. Right now, I can’t work remotely…

Can you resolve quickly this new problem? I attach a print screen to you guys understand better the issue.

Thanks for your help…
Attached Files
Beta testing: Remote Utilities for macOS/Linux
Edited:Nuno Porfírio - Nov 14, 2020 4:36:27 pm EST

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)