We are excited to announce the release of a new Remote Utilities Host for Linux*, alpha version (preview)! This release is a significant milestone for us, as we have received numerous requests for a Mac/Linux version of Remote Utilities Host from our valued users.
Please keep in mind that this is only an alpha version
and is very limited in functionality. We have released this preview version to demonstrate that the development of Host for Linux and Mac is ongoing and the first beta version is underway.
The Remote Utilities Host for Linux, alpha version (preview) can be downloaded from the links provided below. We recommend that you download and install this preview version on a test machine and not on your production systems.
- Only Full Control is available
- Only direct connection is available
Other features including the Internet-ID, File transfer connection mode, deb/rpm packages etc. will be added later in the beta and in the final release.
Installation instructions (important!):
1. Run the following command to install the necessary packages:
sudo apt-get install -y libx11-xcb1 libxfixes3 libxtst6 libxcb-shm0 libxdamage1 libgtkglext1 libx11-6 libxcb-xinerama0 libxcb1 xdg-utils
2. Switch to Xorg windowing system
as only Xorg (X11) is currently supported.
3. Unpack the downloaded package and run.
4. Access the Agent/Host settings by right-clicking on the program icon in the system tray and selecting "Settings". Set access password and use the computer's IP address to connect from Viewer.
We look forward to receiving your feedback and suggestions, as we continue to improve and develop the Remote Utilities Host for Linux.
Thank you for your continued support.
* Host version for Mac will be available at a later date, and it will be released in a beta version, not in an alpha preview