Community

Beta testing: Remote Utilities for macOS/Linux

Links used in this discussion
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2848)
Apr 30, 2020 3:31:48 pm EDT
Hello Jess,

Thank you for your message.

We actually plan to release at least 2 more beta versions in order to include more features. However, we cannot provide any specific ETA on their release yet. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Let us know if you have more questions.
Michael H., User (Posts: 3)
Apr 30, 2020 5:23:03 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I am very pleased to report that you can add openSUSE Tumbleweed to the list of supported Linux systems for the RU Beta Viewer! The (Windows) host address book was also successfully imported with saved passwords!

On my first sessions today, however, some keys or keyboard combinations were not passed through to the Windows (7 or 10) remote host, most notably ALT+TAB and DELETE (BKSP does work for character deletion, as did DELETE on the number pad). I did not see a setting in Viewer that would have influenced this.
Vanessa DONIS, User (Posts: 1)
May 01, 2020 10:49:41 am EDT
Hi,
Can someone help on how to renew the trial for a Mac.
I was able to get the new key but I am not sure where to plug it in?
Thank you.
Andrew Mac, User (Posts: 1)
May 05, 2020 2:08:22 am EDT
Waiting for the Linux Host :)

I would love to test this out rather than the Viewer.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 3013)
May 05, 2020 3:15:33 am EDT

Vanessa DONIS wrote:

Hi,
Can someone help on how to renew the trial for a Mac.
I was able to get the new key but I am not sure where to plug it in?
Thank you.

Hello Vanessa,

Sorry for the late reply. Mac Viewer beta 2 trial has expired but Mac Viewer beta 3 has already been available. Simply download it from here and install. The beta license was extended till June 30, you do not need to enter a license key for it.

Your address book will automatically be carried over to your new installation.
May 05, 2020 3:16:33 am EDT

Michael H. wrote:

I am very pleased to report that you can add   openSUSE  Tumbleweed  to the list of supported Linux systems for the RU Beta Viewer! The (Windows) host address book was also successfully imported with saved passwords!

On my first sessions today, however, some keys or keyboard combinations were not passed through to the Windows (7 or 10) remote host, most notably ALT+TAB and DELETE (BKSP does work for character deletion, as did DELETE on the number pad). I did not see a setting in Viewer that would have influenced this.

Hello Michael,

We will be testing that and see if we can reproduce the issue. Thanks.
May 05, 2020 3:18:39 am EDT

Andrew Mac wrote:

Waiting for the Linux Host :)

I would love to test this out rather than the Viewer.

Hello Andrew,

We will do our best to release Host/Agent for Mac as soon as possible.

Thank you.
May 05, 2020 11:46:33 am EDT

Michael H. wrote:

I am very pleased to report that you can add   openSUSE  Tumbleweed  to the list of supported Linux systems for the RU Beta Viewer! The (Windows) host address book was also successfully imported with saved passwords!

Hi Michael,

Are there any other key combinations that don't work?
Michael H., User (Posts: 3)
May 05, 2020 12:32:57 pm EDT
So far, the only other key I have found to not be sent to the Windows host is the WINDOWS key and its combinations, such as WIN+E (Open Explorer), WIN+D (Show Desktop), WIN+M (Minimize All Windows). The WIN-key triggers the openSuse Program Menu. (This is not terrible, just unexpected, and wouldn't necessarily require fixing, as far as I'm concerned. One could consider it a feature since pressing WIN gets us back to the remote guest straight away.)
May 06, 2020 5:44:47 am EDT
Hi Michael,

Thank you for the information. We will be doing more testing in the future and try to fix these issues.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)