Community

Beta testing: Remote Utilities for macOS/Linux

Links used in this discussion
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2848)
Mar 22, 2021 6:04:15 pm EDT
Hello Jan,

Unfortunately, we cannot provide any specific ETA on this feature yet. Sorry for the inconvenience.

And is a roadmap available when which features will be released?

Unfortunately, we do not publish a roadmap, sorry for that. However, our priorities at the moment are Mac/Linux release (stable version for Viewer and then Agent/Host) as well as updating the mobile version with the ability to use a full-fledged address book (not just a list of entries). In fact, our highest priority is multi-platform support. Of course, we'll be adding various minor improvements and fixes as well.

Please let us know if you have other questions.
Christine S, User (Posts: 1)
Mar 24, 2021 12:22:01 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Thank you for the Mac OS  - This is working great so far with connections to 2 windows 10 PCs and 1 windows 7 both running the most recent host version 7.0
Looking forward to additional features.
Mar 24, 2021 11:22:20 am EDT
Hello Christine,

Thank you for your support! We will be definitely adding more features in the upcoming releases of Viewer for Mac/Linux.

Please let us know if you have more questions.
Juliette Piketty, User (Posts: 1)
Mar 29, 2021 4:45:10 am EDT
Hello!
I downloaded viewer for linux a few days ago and it keeps shuting down after 15min without any warning. Do you have any idea of what is happening? I work on Ubuntu 20.04.
Thanks for your help!
Juliette
Mar 29, 2021 6:22:57 pm EDT
Hello Juliette,

Thank you for your message.

We will test this out to see if we can reproduce the issue in our environment and implement a fix for it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I'll keep you updated on the issue.
Daniel Brown, User (Posts: 6)
Mar 29, 2021 7:16:28 pm EDT

Polina wrote:

We will be definitely adding more features in the upcoming releases of Viewer for Mac/Linux.

When will we be seeing the next release?  Current Linux release expires this week.
Dan
Mar 30, 2021 5:15:50 pm EDT
Hello Daniel,

Thank you for your message.

We plan to upload a Beta of Viewer for Mac/Linux with an extended free license period tomorrow, before the current free license period expires, so our customers are able to update their Viewers in advance.

Please let us know if you have more questions.
Thys Geldenhuys, User (Posts: 5)
Apr 01, 2021 7:25:25 am EDT
Hi Polina, The beta has now expired but the download link still points to the February beta which no longer works. I know things happen but do you have an ETA for an extended license version?

Thanks so much. I love this product.

PS: Thank you so much, I see the new beta is now available.
PPS: Weird, the June beta seems to have disappeared again.
Edited:Thys Geldenhuys - Apr 01, 2021 7:47:02 am EDT
Daniel Brown, User (Posts: 6)
Apr 01, 2021 8:38:22 am EDT
I am only seeing the expired version for download.  I am using the Linux link from the Downloads page.
Thys Geldenhuys, User (Posts: 5)
Apr 01, 2021 8:53:06 am EDT
Yes, I'm sorry, I think I wandered into the Mac download page where they do have an updated beta. The Linux beta is still not updated.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)