This topic is about the recently added persistent notification (alert) near the system tray, as well as some other changes to how free/trial license works.
1. Persistent notification. This one is shown if you are connecting to a remote Host/Agent from a Viewer registered with a free license key or a Viewer in the trial mode.
This message is NOT shown if you are connecting from a Viewer registered with a commercial license.
2. The 'Online' option in the MSI Configurator no longer works for free/trial users. That is, signing a custom Host or Agent package with our digital signature is now only available for paid customers.
3. Starting February 1, 2022 - just as we announced in our email newsletter sent to all free license users - we will stop the Internet-ID service for free license users of version 6.x.x.x
. Please, upgrade to version 7
and generate a new free license key
Paid license users - regardless of the version they use - are NOT affected.
--- Announcement as of January 30, 2022 ---
Based on the feedback we received with regards to #1, we decided that we'd modify the feature a bit:
- Windows 10 and later: the notification can be made visible for the remote side only, and invisible on the Viewer side. We are still investigating this option, but most likely it is possible to implement.
- Ability to pick the corner in which the notification will be shown.
- Translate the message to other languages
Feel free to ask your questions and post your comments. This message will be updated with your frequently asked questions and our answers to them for everyone's convenience.