I'm glad it works for you! Now keep an eye on antivirus software - they like to target newly released versions with their "detections". If you have any antivirus program installed on remote PCs you might want to check if Host is added to exceptions there.
Yes, there is backward compatibility. That is, if you just update a Host and don't erase/touch its settings - it will retain the old ID. The old ID will still work indefinitely so you don' t have to change it. But if you change it, the new ID will be 12-digit and you'll also have to update the corresponding record in your Viewer address book (otherwise you will be connecting by the old ID code).
To sum it up, you can simply update your remote Hosts when you have time to do so - either manually or remotely through the Viewer and don't bother with the IDs at all. Performance-wise there is no difference if a given Host has an old or new-format ID code so long as the Host itself is updated to the latest version.
Ok, just to make sure that there are no more issues, here is a 22.214.171.124 build for you to test before we officially publish it. We did quick in-house testing and didn't find problems, but your feedback is welcome:
UPD: The new version has been published. Download from the download page.
Note: If you have issues updating Viewer from 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52 (e.g. error messages), then manually uninstall the Viewer first using the Windows Control Panel and delete the file config_4.xml that you can find in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Remote Utilities Files\. Then install 184.108.40.206.
Also, Offline/Online problem is no more both on 6.5.x.x and 220.127.116.11.
Looking forward to your reply.
P.S. It is also recommended that you upgrade your RU Server after you update the Viewer, although Viewer 18.104.22.168 must work with Server 2.5 without a problem.
This is temporary. We made some changes to the public server so that this online/offline bug no longer appears in version 6.5 (so it was a retrospective fix). To eliminate the bug in version 6.6.x.x we'll release an update in a couple of hours (22.214.171.124).
So please do not downgrade, just wait until we put a new version on the site. That should fix the problem.
Thank you for the report. Our engineers are currently looking into the issue. Looks like this could have something to do with encoding issues in the IDE environment that we use. Anyway, we will do our best to fix the problem as soon as possible and update the installers in the download section.
We'll also change the version number so that you can distinguish the updated version from the current one.