1. We'll add export/import of the configuration settings soon. I'm afraid that currently the only way to go is to configure from scratch, sorry for that.
2. In the upcoming 6.6 release the notification system will be completely revamped. Instead of modal messages there'll be one message in the tray that appears after Host installation and notifies the user about the Host. Here is a forum thread on the subject.
3. Could you please create a ticket and send us a screenshot of your Remote Execute window filled out before you click the OK button?
If there is Remote Utilities monitor driver in your Device Manager and you still can't make the blank remote screen feature to work, I'm afraid this might be happening with that specific system and we can't do anything about it.
Did you try the feature on the same computer or different computers (remote Hosts)?
As for the mouse lag, I have this happening on an XP box that I maintain. The only solution that I have found, is to run Firefox with "Low" priority. To test this out, open task manager, find the Firefox process, right click on the process, select set priority, then select low. You can do this by starting Firefox with this shortcut, if the test has the desired result. This path is for an XP machine, you may have to edit it for Win 7. %windir%\system32\cmd.exe /c cd "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox" && start/low firefox
Settings in RU are: 16-Bits color, high CPU usage, disable Aero, remove wallpaper, standard network usage mode (tried economy mode, also).
What is the connection type - direct or Internet ID? If the latter, you may try to either reduce the color depth and CPU or use a self-hosted server. Complete list of solutions is available here.
- Control-Connection to workstations over Internet-ID (self hosted on a german server and via id.remote-utilities.com) sometimes fail with "Connection closed gracefully" (or similar). The only way to connect is to manually click "Logon", then the remote control works afterwards. This happens sporadically, but too often to blame "Dr. Chance".
Could you please send us the logs of that specific Host for examination at firstname.lastname@example.org? The logs are located in the Host installation directory.
- Sending "CTRL+ALT+DEL" over ID-connection nearly always takes a lot of time, whatever host or ID-server it is.
How much time exactly?
- automatic clipboard control. It's quite stressful to always have to click in the menu to paste or copy something from or to the host.
Automatic copying/pasting should work for plain text content.
- some really basic host performance monitoring with alarms in the viewer. Like CPU/RAM usage over xx% for an specific amount of time, free HDD space, is process xy runnning and HDD S.M.A.R.T status.
This is among the suggestions in our wishlist. We are going to implement one at some point in the future.
Just in case - the monitor driver is used for the blank remote host feature. It doesn't affect the multi-monitor capabilities per se, nor your ability to switch between monitors.
In fact , we only recommend to install the monitor driver if you need the "blank remote screen" feature, that is if you provide remote assistance and need to hide your actions from the person sitting at the remote end (e.g. for security reasons). Otherwise, you can clear the "Install monitor driver" checkbox during Host installation, or uninstall the driver in the already installed Host from the Settings for Host -> Options -> Driver.
You mean the connection name, right? Actually, you can switch to the Details view in the Viewer and have different columns enabled and arranged they way you need. A table view is always preferable (and conventional) when working with multiple entries because it allows you to easily sort your records.
Instant search feature in the Viewer is also ready and will be available with the upcoming release 6.6.