Just responded to you via tickets as well. Let me, again, apologize for antivirus software companies and their general inability to distinguish between good and bad software. We hope this issue will be resolved soon.
1. Yes, this phrase was overlooked during translation, sorry for that. It will be translated in the next update. As for the icon - we can't promise anything because the program icon is part of the brand/copyright. We do not provide or sell white labeling.
2. So far RU Server is only a Windows program/service.
3. A stripped down version of the Viewer has long been on our wish list. We'll see if we can implement it at some point in the future.
4. We'll check that, thanks!
If you have other questions, don't hesitate to ask.
This didn't work, as Windows couldn't find the necessary uninstall files.
This sometimes happens with Windows MSI, when it cannot uninstall properly. There is even a troubleshooter available from Microsoft.
Thank You for this automatic backup feature.
No problem. They are meant to be a safety net. Even if some day we start to offer a web account, we'll still provide a way to back your data.
3. Click on RDP file to open rdp connection... Would not work. Got more errors, couldn't open .rdp file. Every computer in my address book was like this for RDP. Could not even open the file using MS RDP. Opened the files in notepad, and each and every one of my .rdp files were corrupted. Only the top 4-5 lines in the file were visible, and it looked like a foreign language instead of the usual parameters.
This was encoding issue in version 126.96.36.199, that's why we were so quick to release the next update. In turn, this encoding issue arose from the IDE environment update used by our development.
4. Upd ated RU server, the only problem was, I got the errors about it needing to uninstall the previous version, but the Control Panel uninstall didn't work for that either. Uninstalled using the same procedure as for viewer. Not as painful, but I did have to use a different remote software to get at my RU server to do the work, as the server is in another location.
Not sure why this happened. The server should update upon running the installer file, no uninstall is necessary. But that might depend on what previous server version was installed.
5. Several of my hosts would not completely install upgrade using the remote install tool. Again, another remote software was used to complete the uninstall-reinstall of the new version.
Starting the next release (e.g. 6.7) you'll be able to update Hosts in one click right from the Viewer. No more using Remote Install tool, well at least for this simple task. The Hosts will communicate with our update server on their own (by your command, of course) and update themselves using the correct installer file. As for Viewer, it will also update in one click - i.e. you click "Update" and the Viewer automatically downloads itself, updates and re-launches. This should eliminate human factor from the update process altogether.
Finally, I got everything up and running smoothly again. I really do like the new viewer, more accurate online/offline status, search tool, and the ability to se t the connection type for double click in the viewer. This upgrade was nowhere near as easy as the previous upgrade, but I guess it might just be my setup, as I haven't seen any other posts in the forum talking about these problems.
It was rather a mix of factors, with the primary issue being that encoding problem in 188.8.131.52. It came as a surprise for us too and in fact this issue ruined version 184.108.40.206 , especially for those who worked with RU Server.
On the other hand, we try to gradually simplify as many aspects as we can. I already mentioned the simple update system, and another thing yet to come is an online MSI configurator.
Don't hesitate to ask me if you have other questions.