This update is going to have other fixes and a reworked MSI Configurator. Today we'll be doing final testing before we provide it. So it's not this only bug that this update is going to fix.
Although the bug you mention is a security concern, it is not THAT major or urgent as you might imagine. If it is of so much extreme importance for you please restrain from distributing your Host installer for a while before we provide an update.
Sorry, we do not utilize a "piece of cake" approach. We need to make sure that the next update has been tested before we can make it public. Besides, publicly speaking about found exploits doesn't make your existing installations more secure, hope you understand.
If we have a beta we will make it public and let our users know about it. But we cannot share each and every step of the development process. Each company decides how much transparency it should provide and we don't believe that being that transparent necessarily speeds up the development process. We would rather spend this time and effort on the development itself.
Sorry, we didn't count how many customers we lost. That would be a useless exercise, given how much work to do we have ahead. We strive to fulfill as many promises as we can but it's not always possible to fulfill them all within a reasonable time frame.
We understand how important the Viewer for Mac can be for some users. The work on it is in progress now. Unfortunately, we couldn't provide it earlier simply because there were other priorities - features we needed to implement to increase our paid customer base. It's not that we don't want to or cannot implement all suggestions that we receive, it's only that we work on priorities because we must think about our bottom line. It's as simple as that.