(Furthermore, I was already in an Admin account on the Viewer machine.)
Perhaps, we could have a remote session then (with your Viewer PC) to try to diagnose the issue. If it's ok with you, feel free to write me at email@example.com and we'll schedule a remote session.
Up-to-date Windows 10 on a desktop host and local laptop using a Remote Utilities direct connection. Keeping in mind that I am a new user of Remote Utilities, a couple of problems with 6.5 beta 3:
1. Bitdefender 2017 is blocking the app at installation (Adware.GenericKD.3757840) and at other times. Conrad has already told me that this is common with beta software and they will be contacting Bitdefender for a resolution.
2. After overriding Bitdefender, I'm unable to copy a .txt file from the local to remote or vice versa. Drag and drop shows an circle with a line through it when hovering over the destination, and left click Copy on the source after highlighting the target directory gives:
"Creating directories Copying files Unable to create file 'C:\country.txt' Warnings: 1 Copying is complete"
I couldn't find the error log file this morning. Yesterday I read something like "wrong file size."
Thank you for the feedback.
1. We probably already know why that happens and in the nearest couple of days will rebuild beta 3 with other settings. That, of course, has nothing to do with any "adware" - we just need to disable some packing options that we thought would help a/v software better recognize our program. Alas, as is often with a/v software - it has an opposite effect :)
I have seen behavior that backs up Ashley's experience, tho I am able to remote in. In my case, I'm using the public server, and see that every few minutes (seconds in some cases) where a host will flicker offline and online again. Noticed this due to having notifications enabled. Using Internet-ID connections, host is a VM on my machine. No changes to the connection's settings besides adding the connection/host to my address book via internet-id and setting the password.
Since it's the first introduction of the online status indication system in our program, we'll be further collecting user feedback to improve the algorithm. By the way, your Host logs would help, especially the logs that pertain to the period when you experienced this behavior.
You can send the logs via a support ticket or directly at support@our_domain_name.
This happens because the remote monitor resolution is higher than your local monitor resolution. Currently, the only way to fit the entire remote screen image into your local screen is to shrink it using the "screen view" options. In the Full Control mode toolbar click the Additional properties icon and select a desired mode - it might be either Stretch or Full Screen stretch.
That said, if you still want to see the remote screen "pixel for pixel" (1:1) you can stay in the Normal mode and make sure that you have "Advanced mouse scroll" option enabled in Connection properties (Mode tab). This lets you scroll to a given direction by simply moving your mouse pointer closer to the edge in that direction.
Hope that helps. Let me know if you have other questions.
Created a custom MSI host installer, one option was the "select Internet ID server", this doesnt seem to be taking my own internal server, its always default.
A few questions:
1. What installer type did you select - Standard or One-Click?
2. What antivirus software is installed on the Host PC? A day ago there was a user who complained that Host wouldn't show the settings they configured. As we found out during a remote session their Symantec/Norton antivirus simply prevented the custom Host installer from writing its settings to the registry. I.e. the Host settings were default ones as if they were reset also the software itself installed properly.
UPD ATE to the above, the HOST and SERVER services never restart when the host or server are rebooted, they have to be manually restarted, both are se t to Automatic....
Yet another sign that the reason might be in antivirus/security settings on the computer itself.
Also now on R3 i cant get any test clients to work, show online until i want to connect then they go offline.
Let's take one specific Host and diagnose it. What type of connection is used - Internet ID or direct?
R3 seems to be a major step backwards...
Beta 3 is the same as beta 2 except only that a few new features added, all of them listed in release notes.
- Connections can be either direct or indirect (Internet-ID). You can select which type when creating a new connection in the address book.
- Direct connections are the simplest. The Viewer connects to the Host without any relay server in-between, usually on the same network (LAN or VPN).
- Internet-ID connections use a relay server as a facilitator. The default relay server option is our public server infrastructure. Alternatively, you can set up your own self-hosted server, which can provide some added features apart from the relay feature/role.
I believe that general information just helps understand specifics, so I hope this will be helpful.