2. Yes, just makes stretch mode a little less squashy than with 2 screens on the 1 monitor.
I had a talk with our developers and we decided to add this feature to our wishlist.
FR: How about a "Send WOL through the following host" option/feature which could be added to the Properties->Network tab? The ability to send WOL packets from the host of a computer or server you know is always on, on a remote network or subnet? Obviously if it's not there already, you would need to add the WOL code to the host agent.
Yes, this is something we already have on our roadmap and will implement in the future.
1. Well, although you have to choose either ID or direct within the same connection properties, you can still create a duplicate connection for that same remote PC. You can then select ID for one connection, and direct - for the other. But this doesn't make much sense because as I said the program can automatically detect direct connectivity even if you use ID.
2. You mean stretching the Full Control mode window? We'll see if we can implement this in-program.
You are absolutely right pointing at this issue, and we already have it on our roadmap to make the Agent unpack into a persistent folder instead of in temporary folders. This will be implemented in one of the nearest updates.
1. This is how it works now. If RU detects direct connectivity, it uses. However, please note that for direct connection an incoming (listening) port of the Host must be open/allowed in firewall settings. By default it's 5650 but this value can be changed to something else. When you install the Host on a PC with Windows firewall only, the program automatically adds an exception rule to the firewall settings. However, it cannot add an exception rule to third-party firewalls, this is something a user must do themselves.
3. Not yet, but that's a good idea. I will forward it to our developers.
4. You can assign different remote monitors of the remote PC to different Full Control mode windows on the local PC. This forum topic explains how.
(FR/BUG) 4. Selecting multiple computers and clicking Remote Settings attempts to open up multiple windows for all the computers (which fails for settings following the first window). Is it possible to send out settings to multiple computers with this method rather than pushing out new msi (Remote Install)?
Not yet. We are currently working on centralized Host permission management system, which if all goes well is going to be available in the next release. However, this will require using RU Server as a centralpiece.
Thank you for additional information. You said that you changed the IDs, but do you remember what was the format of the IDs previously? Did they start with "S-..." or were they in the new format which is XXX-XXX-XXX all digits.
Please, note that we do not tolerate comparative and general statements like "Product X is better (faster, cheaper etc.) than Remote Utilities" here on this forum. All such messages will be deleted without warning and the user will be banned.