Thank you for your messages.
This is to inform you that we're currently investigating the issue and what might have caused it. Please note that we're only assuming that the issue might be caused by some third-party activity since this is the most common scenario in our practice.
While our developers are looking into the issue, please try the following:Clean the DNS cache:
- Fully exit Viewer File -> Exit
- Press Win+R
to open the Run dialog.
- Type in ipconfig /flushdns
and click OK (or press Enter) to clear the DNS cache.
- Restart Viewer and see if you're able to connect to your Hosts.
In addition, please double-check the following:
- Make sure that required ports
are opened on both sides of the connection.
- If you have any antivirus/firewall software installed on your machines, please check if it's not blocking Remote Utilities or access to our servers (please note that you might not be aware of their internal database updates which might mistakenly include our software or even our servers and, therefore, block the access to RU for you without any notifications). If it does, then please try adding Remote Utilities to the exception list as described here
as well as adding the DNS name id.remoteutilities.com
to the exception list.
Last but not least, since the issue might also be occurring if there are some issues with DNS resolution (for example, on the side of a DNS service, like Cloudflare), please also try setting your DNS servers to Google Public DNS servers
in your TCP/IP properties and see if this helps.
We'll keep you updated on the issue.