The only setting that sometimes causes issues in apps for me is the custom scale factor I have set (175%).
Thanks for letting us know. Yes, scaling might cause this issue, although I've just set 175% scaling and I still have a 1-row toolbar, but there could be other factors in effect.
We will test this further and see if we can reproduce the issue, although I'm not sure if we can provide any fix. Program windows and their standard controls - especially their size/fonts are mostly governed by the operating system rather than the application itself. So it's the OS that dictates how windows and controls look like and behave.
This frequently causes windows and dialog boxes to have shifted or cut off text or buttons in apps that do not account for the scaling. I know I'm a unique case in this regard.
No problem! We may not test the program at all scaling values or resolutions (that would significantly complicate the testing process and slow down development) but at least we have a chance to receive reports right away from real users like yourself.
I'm using my own self-hosted Server. In the Server interface, I see all my Hosts listed, with their external IP's correctly listed. In my Viewer, however, the Last IP column displays the IP address of the self-hosted Server instead of the actual WAN IP of the Host. The exception being the Hosts that are on the same LAN and are being connected to directly.
That is absolutely correct. Hosts that communicate with the Viewer through the server rather than directly are "invisible" to the Viewer, so to say. Their IP address is only known to the server.
One other related observation. One Host that has been upgraded to latest beta, 22.214.171.124, and is the same Host that the Viewer is running on, is displaying 169.254.13.154 as the Last IP.
It all depends on your specific configuration, your network adapters, settings etc. You may have multiple network interfaces and apparently 169.254.x.x is one of those.
Thanks for your reply. The Viewer is a Win10 Pro machine, and the Host is a Windows 7 Pro machine. I've emailed the logs and the screenshot to the support address.
Well received, thanks. I've forwarded the logs and other information to our development to see what they can say about this. Since remote upgrade from version 126.96.36.199 works ok in our tests, it could be something with specific PC configuration, security settings or something else.
Regarding the two-row toolbar - your window chrome (frame) looks quite unusual. Do you have any theme pack or something else that modifies default Windows window layout, controls etc.?
I'm a little hesitant about upgrading the Server module. With my luck, something will go wrong and all my Hosts will become inaccessible.
Do you have another computer to install the server on?
I have another Host that I can test upgrading with, a Windows 10 laptop that is right next to me. Do you recommend trying to upgrade just by running the .msi directly on the laptop, or try upgrading using the Tools > Upgrade outdated Hosts tool in the Viewer?
Actually, both should work. The Remote Install tool is just for convenience. You can, of course, run manual installation if it's possible (i.e. you can physically access the computer).
After installing the beta Viewer, I upgraded one of my hosts on my LAN using the "Update outdated hosts" tool. I encountered several issues: - the host does not start after upgrade, so I was not able to reconnect to the host. Luckily it was on my LAN, so I used VNC to connect to it and start the host - That's when I discovered that the connection password has been wiped and it was blank so I still could not connect, until I reset the password in the host preferences and restarted the host process. The above two issues make the remote upgrade process completely useless.
Could you clarify what the operating system on the Viewer and Host side was?
Host logs could also be helpful. You could send them to email@example.com , just refer to this thread in the subject or body of the message.
Another issue with the beta viewer: the toolbar in full control mode is 2 rows, where it was 1 row previously. Is that an intended permanent change? I would prefer it be a single row, but maybe give an option somewhere to toggle between 2 rows/ 1 row?
Hm, there's still 1 row and we never intended otherwise. Could you please send us a screenshot, or a link to screenshot uploaded elsewhere. You can send it to the support email address above if you don't want to make it public.
And another issue - I cannot connect to the RU Server from the Beta Viewer. I have not upgraded the RU Server yet.
You should upgrade the server too. Server beta has also been released together with RU.
Thank you for your feedback. Yes, indeed - generating ID and sending email don't work for Standard and One-click packages, and work for Agent only. We'll be checking this issue and fix it by the second beta coming soon.
Secondly, the version number for both the viewer and the host after install both indicate 188.8.131.52 (Host) and 184.108.40.206 (Viewer) rather than 6.5
That is correct. We are using 6.4.x.x as an interim version number until we make the final 6.5 release.