When I try to connect to a PC that is about 100 km away, not that the distance really matters ;), I cant connect to the host (version 6.3).
You need to upgrade the Host to version 6.5 too. Always try to make sure that the Viewer and Host are the same version. There is backward compatibility , in theory, but you still should avoid relying on it all the time. It's better to upgrade.
I know, I can set the display mode to legacy capture mode, but then the host's cursor flickers continuously, which is anoying for the user on the host side.
When you enable the legacy capture mode, do you see a noticeable difference in speed/performance?
I also noticed that my cursor not allways follows the host cursor when the mouse is moved on the host side. Then when I move the mouse their cursor hops to the location my mouse is pointing.
This is by design. There is no feedback from remote cursor to the local one, only the other way around. It doesn't make sense because the remote user is not supposed to control your cursor - after all you both may need to perform different actions simultaneously.
For example, at the very moment when the remote user is doing something on their screen during your remote session you may need to move your cursor off screen - like your taskbar and do something else. So if your cursor will be locked on the Full Control screen this will be even more annoying than this hopping.
This is a known problem and it stems from the architecture of this connection mode. We, however, do plan to update the File Transfer mode so that it works faster in this respect. This can happen in one of the upcoming updates.
Unfortunately, do to a lot of more pressing priorities we didn't implement that in this 6.5 update. Sorry for that.
We will surely do our best to make you happy. That's all I can say :)
I haven't experienced this myself and my hosts don't have A/V. Just from watching the Beta thread.
Antivirus software is the main suspect whenever there are issues of this sort. But let's see if it's true. I can only say that we fixed everything that was promised during beta testing, but this could be another bug.