Community

(public ID server) Connections Constantly Dropping

Links used in this discussion
Conrad, Support (Posts: 3013)
Apr 08, 2018 12:39:01 pm EDT
Hello everyone,

We have just finished implementing fixes to our servers and updated the server software. Please, try using Remote Utilities now (the latest version 6.8.0.1) and let us know if the issue persists.
Tom Davis, User (Posts: 3)
Apr 08, 2018 2:43:19 pm EDT
Support level: Starter
The old version of RU Server download is all that is available, Version 2.6.0.3, August 26, 2017.
Conrad, Can please clarify your response, when will the update apply to RU server download?
Thanks
Edited:Tom Davis - Apr 08, 2018 6:28:16 pm EDT
Apr 08, 2018 5:39:29 pm EDT
We encourage everyone to try the current version now that we have updated our public servers and eliminated the cause of this offline/online behavior. At least our in-house tests show that everything should be working now. Your feedback is important for us.

Thank you.
Apr 08, 2018 6:39:40 pm EDT

Tom Davis wrote:

The old version of RU Server download is all that is available, Version 2.6.0.3, August 26, 2017.
Conrad, Can please clarify your response, when will the update apply to RU server download?
Thanks

Hello Tom,

RU Server hasn't been updated. What was updated is our public server infrastructure. So we are asking everyone who contributed to this thread with the "online/offline" problem to report if the problem has been resolved now.
Greg Neff, User (Posts: 3)
Apr 08, 2018 7:54:45 pm EDT
I haven't had much time on it since the sever upgrade, but it does seem to be stable (no connection lost events) for the time I have been on.  However, two of three times I started full control I had one connection interrupted event while loading the remote screen.  This is better than the multiple tries (up to eight) before.  Thanks for the update, and we'll see how it goes.
Chuck Wagner, User (Posts: 5)
Apr 09, 2018 6:45:04 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Using the Public Server I was able to maintain a remote connection overnight for over 12 hours, something that I could never do before, so it looks like the fix is working!
Chad Brandenburg, User (Posts: 7)
Apr 09, 2018 4:08:54 pm EDT
Just curious when is the RU self hosted going to get the update?  

Thank you
Apr 10, 2018 5:00:23 am EDT
Hello Chad,

As it turned out, the above-mentioned issue has nothing to do with the self-hosted server so it doesn't need updating.
Greg Neff, User (Posts: 3)
Apr 10, 2018 6:43:08 am EDT
I'm getting lost and interrupted connections again this morning.
Chad Brandenburg, User (Posts: 7)
Apr 10, 2018 10:49:56 am EDT
I am constantly getting drops, did a constant ping, and never took errors and was constantly around 30ms or less.. But sites just randomly disconnect for no reason.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)