Community

(public ID server) Connections Constantly Dropping

Your post has been added. Thank you.
Links used in this discussion
jackk, User (Posts: 23)
Mar 22, 2018 3:36:57 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial

Kim Dawson wrote:
All day long, the pop up for this host comes up every few minutes to tell me it's online.

Yes, that.  That's exactly what mine does.  All day, computer online pop up, computer online pop up, computer online pop up.  The PCs at the same location with the older version host/viewer do NOT have this issue.  The new version simply isn't as stable as the old version.
mom4max, User (Posts: 3)
Mar 22, 2018 4:33:04 pm EDT
Me too.  I have another one here with 6.7 on it and it works fine.  I've tried to downgrade the troublesome one to 6.7 but it won't finish installing with the msi file.
Conrad, Support (Posts: 3013)
Mar 22, 2018 6:06:30 pm EDT
Hello Kim and mom4max,

What does the log say? Specifically, what errors does it show? I mean the Host log.
mom4max, User (Posts: 3)
Mar 23, 2018 10:26:32 am EDT
I'll email the file over, but I did find that running the 6.7 viewer and the 6.8 host is solving the problem for me.  I left it running last night and it didn't drop at all.
Mar 26, 2018 9:52:28 am EDT
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to say that indeed there is a problem with viewer 6.8 just as you describe. We are currently investigating it and testing different solutions.

Since it's a problem on the Viewer side the Host logs won't help us much. They can only confirm that the problem at hand is not the Host's, but the Viewer's.

But you can still help us figure out this problem if you send us the Viewer log (use support@).  The log should preferably capture the moment when the connection is going offline/online. Along with the log, please, also send us your license key (even if it's a free license key) - this will help us properly identify the connection in our server logs.

Thanks!
Nicholas Whittington, User (Posts: 1)
Mar 26, 2018 12:38:43 pm EDT
So where do i download a copy of the previous version 6.7?
Samuel Roy, User (Posts: 3)
Mar 30, 2018 12:58:50 pm EDT
I'm experiencing the same problem.
I'm in a middle of choosing a new remote connection software. I presently with TV  and now I'm trying many systems. If this problem is persisting, I won't choose Remote utilities. I might say that setting the host option Use legacy capture mode on helps a bit.

When are you planing to publish the fix to this bug?
Attached Files
(public ID server) Connections Constantly Dropping
Mar 31, 2018 3:39:39 pm EDT
If the Host log is ok and doesn't show any problems connecting with the server, the Viewer log could help us. Here is how to enable Viewer logging:
https://www.remoteutilities.com/support/docs/connection-log/

it should be noted that whenever you experience any connectivity issues your only reliable source of information is the log, or more specifically two logs -  Viewer's and Host's. Without the logs it is just guesswork.
Clark Milioti, User (Posts: 3)
Apr 02, 2018 2:36:16 pm EDT
Any fix yet?

This is really holding me back from expanding my license!  Totally unreliable solution.
Apr 02, 2018 6:34:29 pm EDT
Hello Clark,

Thank you for the log. I forwarded it to our development to see if they can provide any ideas.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)