Community

Windows 10 2004 Update

Links used in this discussion
Keith Hay, User (Posts: 12)
Dec 14, 2020 8:50:06 am EST
Support level: Starter
A bit more information for everyone. I suspect this also may be related to specific video drivers/cards. Our own environment encompasses several different make/models of PC. All are running the same version of Win10 and RemoteUtilities. The behavior is not consistent across different PC model/makes. We see this behavior on all our older Dell 5xxx series, but not on any of our slightly newer 6xxx series Dells. Our newer HPs seem fine as do most of our Asus PC's. Hence my suspicion that it is something related into some video drivers/cards.

Keith
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2848)
Dec 14, 2020 9:30:57 am EST
Hello Keith,

Thank you for the provided details.

It seems like the issue only manifests itself in certain circumstances, i.e. we were able to reproduce it initially on  Asus machines. Unfortunately, we cannot fully fix it as it's caused by some Windows settings that are applied during the update. Sorry for the inconvenience.

However, please note that we've recently released an updated 6.12.4.0 Beta 4 version. Please try updating your Remote Utilities installation to the latest version to see if this might improve the issue.
The latest 6.12.4.0 Beta 4 version is available for download on this page. When updating, please make sure to update both Host and Viewer to the same version (or use Agent and Portable Viewer instead) to avoid version mismatch that might lead to performance issues or some features not working.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)