Community

Not prompted for NT Authorization credentials from Host

Links used in this discussion
Phillip Manna, User (Posts: 2)
Oct 02, 2019 1:11:44 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
A Windows 10 Host 6.10.10 is set for Single Password and Windows Security with a local user account added and fully enabled.  A Windows 10 viewer 6.10.10.0 set to Single Password successfully connects to the Host but when the Viewer desktop is set to Windows security Authentication method, I am not prompted for credentials to the host.  The viewer's NT Authorizing window flashes by with blank User/Password/Domain info and fails after a series of Access Denied Attempts.  The Host Log states "Password is incorrect or error occurs".  Am I missing a configuration setting somewhere?
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 3013)
Oct 03, 2019 1:41:26 pm EDT
Hello Phillip,

Thank you for your message.

A Windows 10 viewer 6.10.10.0 set to Single Password successfully connects to the Host but when the Viewer desktop is set to Windows security Authentication method, I am not prompted for credentials to the host.

Could you elaborate where exactly you set Viewer to an authorization method. Do you use the dropdown menu in the connection properties -> Authorization tab?
Phillip Manna, User (Posts: 2)
Oct 03, 2019 2:41:57 pm EDT
Yes, I utilized the dropdown menu in the connection properties -> Authorization tab.  If I set it to Windows, I get am not allowed to add credentials during the connection initiation but if I set it to Single Password, it either asks for a password if not set or uses the one that was saved.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 3013)
Oct 04, 2019 3:06:59 am EDT
One more question - does it work with the "Auto" selected in the dropdown menu?
RUUser, User (Posts: 3)
Jan 10, 2020 5:08:33 pm EST
I am experiencing the same issue. Both settings, auto or 'Windows security' deliver the same result. The login window flashes, but then the start connection button seems to be pressed automatically after a fraction of a second, not allowing to enter any user credentials
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2848)
Jan 13, 2020 10:20:32 am EST
Hello,

As it was already mentioned in this community thread, this is a known issue caused by a typo in the localization file for the German language. We will implement a fix for it in the next update.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Nemesis Invidia, User (Posts: 2)
Mar 18, 2020 9:03:20 am EDT
I have the same problem using English language...

https://youtu.be/NcnPMgjZvnM
Attached Files
Not prompted for NT Authorization credentials from Host
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2848)
Mar 18, 2020 2:57:45 pm EDT
Hello Nemesis,

Unfortunately, we could not reproduce the issue. Could you please try updating Remote Utilities to the 6.12 Beta 1 version and see if the issue still persists after the update? In case if the issue persists even with the beta version, we'll see further what it might be.
Please, make sure that you upgrade both parts - i.e. Viewer and Host - to avoid the version mismatch. The 6.12 Beta 1 version is available for the download here.

Please let me know if the issue persists.
Jenni Armstrong, User (Posts: 14)
Mar 18, 2020 7:30:35 pm EDT
can confirm this happens on all versions of windows 10 home, not on professional
Jenni Armstrong, User (Posts: 14)
Mar 18, 2020 7:30:37 pm EDT
can confirm this happens on all versions of windows 10 home, not on professional

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)