While i've deployed your product to several dozen corporate/commercial clients in Los Angeles, I've never recommended that anyone pay for a license. Not because they wouldn't benefit, but because there's no benefit to me. The more of them i put on your platform the more i have to juggle because you only let me, the person who could be selling literally dozens of company subscriptions, manage machines at the rate of $5 per endpoint.
It's a poor business model. People like me could sell your product if you made if worthwhile. I'd give you $100 for an unlimited monitoring license for ME, but i'm not going to convince a client to give you $500 just so i can monitor their systems. After i've spend $100 on a monitoring license, i'll be MUCH more inclined to sell product for you.
Trunk Slammers Unite! We all know we're the ones who use this more than anybody else. Let's see if we can get RU step up and recognize!
Interestingly, the computer that connects with windows security is using a ms online account running windows on MacBootCamp on a Macbook. The one that fails is a regular windows machine & an ms online account.
I have a user with two windows machines, both using the same online account to login. One of them works normally, as expected with windows security, the other exhibits the behavior being discussed in this thread.
Try again, folks, Microsoft account isn't the problem.
We are not using RUServer. These are simple win10 machines. Out of 13 identically configured workstations, 5 end users had to be set to single password auth. With ALL of those cases, my workstations at home get the windows auth window.
With all of these users, the Viewer would attempt to connect, and on the 2nd or 3rd attempt, the user/pass/domain dialog appears and then disappears. After 5 failed attempts the viewer fails and reports access denied, bad credentials.
This occurs when auth is set to "auto" or "windows security".
Initially it appeared these were win10home users, but i've seen at least two using win10pro. Most likely these users have not updated their home machines, because that's how people are, but i don't know that for a fact.
I'm sorry i don't have any further details to assist.
i will try, but these are users remoting in, i've only helped them via slack, and i don't have access to those workstations. So far about 1/2 of our staff has had this happen. I tried on hosts running both 6.10.9 and 6.10.10, but the result was the same, even after upgrading the older host.