Community

File transfer is very sloooow on directory changing

Leo Ooms, User (Posts: 12)
Dec 07, 2016 2:56:11 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
File transfer is very slow on getting and changing directories.
This is very annoying, especialy when you want to quickly upload a file to one of the hosts.
It takes forever to get the initial file list and then another day to get to the directory where you want to place the file. Even on a local network. o_O
Could you please look into this? This can work much faster.
When I compare the file transfer directory changing of other remote programs with Remote Utilities, Remote Utilities is a slug and the others are turbos.
I realy like Remote Utilities for all of its functionality which in return is great compared to what others offer, but the file transfer is a bummer...
Since I don't want to install more than one remote software or an external ftp server, and I absolutely am a fan of Remote Utilities, please do something about it.
I'm sure you would make a lot of us happy.
Conrad, Support (Posts: 3013)
Dec 07, 2016 4:10:05 pm EST
Hi Leo,

Thank you for your message.

This is a known problem and it stems from the architecture of this connection mode. We, however, do plan to update the File Transfer mode so that it works faster in this respect. This can happen in one of the upcoming updates.

Unfortunately, do to a lot of more pressing priorities we didn't implement that in this 6.5 update. Sorry for that.

We will surely do our best to make you happy. That's all I can say :)
Leo Ooms, User (Posts: 12)
Dec 07, 2016 5:17:15 pm EST
Ok, thanks.
I hope you'll find the time to get into this file transfer problem soon then.
So I'll be patiently waiting for it.
Ron Brennan, User (Posts: 40)
Dec 08, 2016 9:55:09 am EST
I realize that everybody can't have their request satisfied first, but I just want to add my name to those who have this feature on top of their wish lists.
John Wilson, User (Posts: 7)
Dec 08, 2016 10:41:55 am EST
Add me to this "it would be great if you got this fixed" list!  This is the only frustration that we have with RU.  Tried all of the other remote control solutions and RU is the best, except for this issue.

Thanks
Dec 11, 2016 9:33:52 pm EST
Thank you all for your comments. We will definitely raise the priority of this suggestion/wish and do our best to implement it as soon as we can.
Lou Smith, User (Posts: 9)
Oct 17, 2017 3:59:29 pm EDT
I know this is an old thread but...
File Transfer is virtually useless due to constantly being unable to load a directory... any directory.
Support said change the Access to system and that works sometimes but, just as often, it helps to change it back to User.
My Viewer and Hosts are all current and it happens no matter which host I'm accessing.
If this was updated, it has a long way to go before it's ready for prime time.
Help!
Oct 17, 2017 4:51:16 pm EDT
Hi Lou,

Thank you for your message.

Yes, this is a known problem. A fix requires some extensive revamp of the File Transfer mode and we have this on our roadmap. We will do our best to implement this as fast as we can, perhaps even this year.
Riki Alonzo, User (Posts: 10)
Mar 27, 2018 8:44:36 am EDT
Damn! Almost a year and a half telling users that FileTransfer would be fixed, but nowadays still the same.

Not only FileTransfer works really bad, the connection stablishment is slow too, even between fiber connections. After many tests, I certainly say that ancient UltraVNC works like a charm in almost everything, except for some windows asking for Admin permissions.

No updates since August 26, 2017. Please guys, keep in mind we all users are alone in the dark...
Mar 27, 2018 1:28:14 pm EDT
Hi Riki,

I'm sorry. Our work on the 6.9 update took quite a lot of time due to some serious improvements (specifically those that deal with security and authorization). It is soon to be released and more updates are coming this year.

Thanks.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)