Community

[ Closed ] Version 6.5 BETA

Links used in this discussion
Conrad, Support (Posts: 3013)
Aug 11, 2016 7:31:21 pm EDT
Post your feedback about the beta version in this thread. Posts about the beta version created in other threads will be moved here.

Beta version download: https://www.remoteutilities.com/download/beta.php

Learn more about the new exciting features that the new self-hosted server provides https://www.remoteutilities.com/solutions/self-hosted-server.php

Thank you!
Kevin Nicholson, User (Posts: 2)
Aug 17, 2016 3:08:15 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I just downloaded the beta and attempted to create a new .exe from the host and specified to create a new remote internet ID upon install and email it and after installing it on a fresh system, no internet ID was generated at all.  I removed it, created a new exe file and tried it once more and same results - no internet ID was generated with the host at all.
Kevin Nicholson, User (Posts: 2)
Aug 17, 2016 3:10:04 pm EDT
Secondly, the version number for both the viewer and the host after install both indicate 6.4.0.1 (Host) and 6.4.0.2 (Viewer) rather than 6.5
Aug 17, 2016 5:10:29 pm EDT
Hello Kevin,

Thank you for your feedback. Yes, indeed - generating ID and sending email don't work for Standard and One-click packages, and work for Agent only. We'll be checking this issue and fix it by the second beta coming soon.

Secondly, the version number for both the viewer and the host after install both indicate 6.4.0.1 (Host) and 6.4.0.2 (Viewer) rather than 6.5

That is correct. We are using 6.4.x.x as an interim version number until we make the final 6.5 release.
Ron Gilbert, User (Posts: 1)
Aug 19, 2016 8:25:43 am EDT
There is a problem with BETA just like with 6.3.0.6.

When connected from Windows 7 64 bit to Windows 10 64 audio transfer is producing noise... It is unusable. Lowering image quality does not help. If I am using Internet connect and not direct IP connect there is no audio at all (only tested with BETA).

You can check how it sounds here:
Aug 19, 2016 3:53:24 pm EDT
Hello Ron,

Thank you for your post.

I will forward this to our testing and development. We'll look for the possible reason that might be causing this issue.

If we need more information I will let you know. Thanks.
BartB, User (Posts: 41)
Aug 22, 2016 5:25:38 am EDT
After installing the beta Viewer, I upgraded one of my hosts on my LAN using the "Update outdated hosts" tool. I encountered several issues:
- the host does not start after upgrade, so I was not able to reconnect to the host. Luckily it was on my LAN, so I used VNC to connect to it and start the host
- That's when I discovered that the connection password has been wiped and it was blank so I still could not connect, until I reset the password in the host preferences and restarted the host process.
The above two issues make the remote upgrade process completely useless.
Aug 22, 2016 5:28:16 am EDT
Another issue with the beta viewer: the toolbar in full control mode is 2 rows, where it was 1 row previously. Is that an intended permanent change? I would prefer it be a single row, but maybe give an option somewhere to toggle between 2 rows/ 1 row?
Aug 22, 2016 5:57:10 am EDT
And another issue - I cannot connect to the RU Server from the Beta Viewer. I have not upgraded the RU Server yet.

I get an error:
---------------------------
Attention
Connection error occurred.
Error code: 0.
OK  
Aug 22, 2016 3:03:09 pm EDT
Hello Bart,

Thank you for your feedback.

After installing the beta Viewer, I upgraded one of my hosts on my LAN using the "Update outdated hosts" tool. I encountered several issues:
- the host does not start after upgrade, so I was not able to reconnect to the host. Luckily it was on my LAN, so I used VNC to connect to it and start the host
- That's when I discovered that the connection password has been wiped and it was blank so I still could not connect, until I reset the password in the host preferences and restarted the host process.
The above two issues make the remote upgrade process completely useless.

Could you clarify what the operating system on the Viewer and Host side was?

Host logs could also be helpful. You could send them to support@remote-utilities.com , just refer to this thread in the subject or body of the message.

Another issue with the beta viewer: the toolbar in full control mode is 2 rows, where it was 1 row previously. Is that an intended permanent change? I would prefer it be a single row, but maybe give an option somewhere to toggle between 2 rows/ 1 row?

Hm, there's still 1 row and we never intended otherwise. Could you please send us a screenshot, or a link to screenshot uploaded elsewhere. You can send it to the support email address above if you don't want to make it public.  

And another issue - I cannot connect to the RU Server from the Beta Viewer. I have not upgraded the RU Server yet.

You should upgrade the server too. Server beta has also been released together with RU.

Looking forward to your reply.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)