Still looks like a firewall issue. If your Windows Firewall is enabled on the remote PC, please make sure that the public checkbox is selected for "Remote Desktop" in the exclusion list. See the screenshot below.
I'm assuming that you are connecting over the Internet using the Internet ID as a "tunnel" for the RDP connection (the so called RDP over ID feature).
1. Previous reported issue of arrow keys not working (important for me!)
This is in the testing queue. We'll see if we can reproduce it.
2. When I start a session I have to next click in the screen to give it focus
Could you please clarify this. Do you mean the Full Control / View mode window?
3. Occasional connect issues with reply that "Access Denied: This connection mode is disabled in security settings on the host side"
We managed to reproduce this bug. It happens when the remote PC is restarted while leaving the Full Control mode open. Will be fixed in the nearest update. So far the workaround is logging off and then back on to the remote PC.
4. I had an issue on one of two session not being able to drag and drop items. The mouse worked otherwise for selecting items.
Depending on a connection a slight delay may be needed for the drag n drop to work. Try not to drop immediately but wait for a couple of seconds and then drop.
I have to say on item # 3 that I have callbacks running on the host. I run two callbacks from one host so I can open two sessions (one for each remote monitor). I will have one session drop and the other session stay connected. When I try to reconnect, I get the error even though my 2nd session stays connected. So, this isn't going to be a "check the internet" or "network related" issue. Eventually, after restarting the host, it will work again.
Ok. See my comment for the item 3 above. A logoff/logon should do the trick for now, but we'll certainly fix it because it's obviously a bug.
You can find the Host log in the C:\Program Files\Remote Utilities - Host\Logs folder. Currently the log contains basic information like from where a connection was initiated (IP address) and what connection mode was used as well as information about errors if any.
We are planning to make the log more informative in future versions though.
We have sent a false positive report to Combofix, although finding the actual contact information of the developer was a bit tricky. All we could find was firstname.lastname@example.org email address but the site www.combofix.org says that the developer "didn't make" the site (perhaps, he/she is not the owner of the site). Incidentally, you might want to try to send them an email too.
Hopefully, we'll receive a response from the developer or at least more information about the developer and how to contact them.