Community

Closed Laptop Lid Prevents Use

Page:
Links used in this discussion

Bob Holloway, User (Posts: 1)

Jan 22, 2019 5:17:56 am EST

I just recently stated using Remote Utilities.  My situation is that I wish to manage a router from a remote location so I use a WiFi connected laptop PC located close to the router and then use Remote Utilities to access the PC.  In this situation I would like the laptop lid to be closed and  for the configuration to be unaffected by the laptop being rebooted. Most of this I have achieved but in the process I have found that two different laptops have different characteristics. An Acer laptop required me to set the "Use legacy capture mode" while an Fujitsu one did not.  I had major problems with the Firefox display being distorted and had to use Chrome instead.  I am using Remote Utilities - Agent.  So it looks like the issues are both hardware and software related.  Happy to provide more detail if needed.

Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2419)

Jan 22, 2019 9:29:25 am EST

Hello Bob,

For persistent unattended access we would recommend that you install Host rather than run Agent.
Page:

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -5)

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using this website you agree to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.