Community

How can I upgrade the RU server?

Links used in this discussion
cosmos, User (Posts: 76)
Jan 11, 2022 5:43:15 am EST
I've got RU server version 3.0.0.1 installed. How can I upgrade it to version 3.2.0.0?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2848)
Jan 11, 2022 12:39:29 pm EST
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

In order to update your RU Server installation simply download the installer for the latest version of the RU Server on our download page here. Then just run the installer on the Server machine - the current RU Server installation will be updated automatically and your address books/other settings will be carried over to the new installation automatically.
In addition, here's a quick guide on updating RU Server just in case it might be helpful.

Hope that helps.
cosmos, User (Posts: 76)
Jan 11, 2022 1:38:39 pm EST
Thanks Pauline, I was certain there was a guide around, but I could not locate it.

Perhaps add the upgrade info as a KB, update-tagged.
Jan 11, 2022 2:03:47 pm EST
Hello,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I checked on this with my coworkers - we will create a separate guide on updating RU Server, so that it's easier to locate it in our Documentation.

Please let us know if you have other questions.
Jack Dicken, User (Posts: 6)
Jan 17, 2022 9:18:30 am EST
Support level: Starter
I am running RU Server V 3.0.1.  The download for Version 3.2.1 says that a license is required.  I watched a video that shows a License Tab just after the "LOG" tab on the Remote Server Configuration which my version does not have.  No where on RU website or documentation can I find a reference as to how to get a RU Server license.  This upgrade post is as close as I have been able to come to it.  So how do I get this server license?  I would like to have it before trying the upgrade.
Edited:Jack Dicken - Jan 17, 2022 9:18:50 am EST
Jan 17, 2022 2:39:48 pm EST
Hello Jack,

Thank you for your message.

I watched a video that shows a License Tab just after the "LOG" tab on the Remote Server Configuration which my version does not have.

Please note that the RU Server's registration is required starting version 3.1 of RU Server, so the License tab was only added to the Server's Configuration window in version 3.1. For more information please see our Release Notes.

No where on RU website or documentation can I find a reference as to how to get a RU Server license. This upgrade post is as close as I have been able to come to it. So how do I get this server license? I would like to have it before trying the upgrade.

You don't need to get a separate license key for the RU Server since it's registered with the same license key as your Viewer - you can simply add the same key.rlicense file that was used for registering Viewer on the Server's Configuration window -> License tab. Here's also a guide on registering RU Server just in case.

Hope that helps.
Jack Dicken, User (Posts: 6)
Jan 17, 2022 3:09:04 pm EST
Support level: Starter
I suspected that it was the same key as my Viewer.  Thank you for the confirmation.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)