Community

Free Licence with Multipe Users Query please

Links used in this discussion
Mark D, User (Posts: 12)
Jan 23, 2014 7:27:55 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
Hi
Apologies in advance as no doubt this has been covered already?  I am abandoning  [censored] and looking at testing our your product which looks great

Scenario
Mary has 2 X PC’s (Office 1 & Office 2) requires connecting to each depending on which office she is in. In turn Mary registers for 10 free PCs.

John also assists Mary on occasion remotely from Office 3 and also needs to be able to connect to Marys PCs in Office 1 & Office 2

Admin also needs access to these 2x PC’s for general Support.

Question1: Is this possible with the Free version and if so how many Licences does this use up. In this example we have it installed on 2 PC’s with three Operators.

Question 2:
As an independent IT Support consultant with potentially my own Free Licence. If I connect to Mary’s PCs, is this using up one of her licences OR one of my free 10?

Hope this makes sense.  I am just trying to determine using this simple example of how Licencing works.  I have read the Licence purchase guide.

Cheers
Edited:Mark D - Jan 23, 2014 7:29:51 pm EST
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 3013)
Jan 23, 2014 8:29:55 pm EST
Greetings, Mark

Thank you for your interest.

Question1: Is this possible with the Free version and if so how many Licences does this use up. In this example we have it installed on 2 PC’s with three Operators.

You need only one license. Apply the product key on the two computers (Office 1 and Office 2) and connect to them from other computers where the Viewer is installed.

As an independent IT Support consultant with potentially my own Free Licence. If I connect to Mary’s PCs, is this using up one of her licences OR one of my free 10?

The license is applied on the Host, not on the Viewer. Once you register the Host, you can connect to it from any number of Viewers. Your address book in the Viewer can hold no more than 10 remote PCs registered with a Free License (regardless of who owns the license). These are protective measures to ensure the EULA is not violated. Another measure is that you cannot own and store in the License Key Storage more than one Free License and use the Free License alongside a paid license, because the paid license is supposed to entirely replace the free one. Please, check the Licensing page for more information.

Feel free to ask me if you have any questions. Thanks!
Jan 23, 2014 8:55:22 pm EST
Hi Conrad, Thanks very much for the prompt response,  I "think" that all makes sense.

In Short:  So are saying that, one can have unlimited numbers of users connect to the Host PC (as long as those users don't have more that 10 remote hosts in their Viewers).

Does this mean that If I had 10 X remote hosts in my Viewer, I could remove 5 and then add 5 others later as long as I know the remote Host ID? Is that correct?
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 3013)
Jan 23, 2014 9:20:05 pm EST

So are saying that, one can have unlimited numbers of users connect to the Host PC (as long as those users don't have more that 10 remote hosts in their Viewers).

A Host can accept multiple incoming connections, including simultaneous ones.

Does this mean that If I had 10 X remote hosts in my Viewer, I could remove 5 and then add 5 others later as long as I know the remote Host ID? Is that correct?

Yes. Just don't forget to unregister (there's a feature/option) the Host you no longer use. You can transfer your license from one Host to another. For the Free License, the total number of registered Hosts should not exceed 10.

For simplicity's sake, forget about the Viewer for a while. Think Host. 1 Person (or Business) can have 1 Free License product key that can be used to register 10 Hosts. That's it. The Viewer is just a free module that allows you to connect to the Host. Yes, it has some protection measures implemented, but the primary protection measure is the EULA itself.  

Hope that helps.  
Jan 23, 2014 10:22:42 pm EST
I think so. Thanks for that.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)