Community

only 8 connections, but can't connect because apparently I have >10

Links used in this discussion

Tom Morton, User (Posts: 2)

Oct 24, 2018 3:18:21 am EDT

Viewer version is 6.8.0.1.

I can't connect to any of my connections because apparently "My license does not allow using this key for more than 10 computers"  - yet I only have 8 connections.  How can I get this working?  I had 10, yesterday added a new one and got the message, then I removed 3 old unused connections but still getting this error.

screenshots attached.

Cheers, Tom
Attached Files

Tom Morton, User (Posts: 2)

Oct 24, 2018 5:19:45 am EDT

Found the answer!  In %appdata%\Roaming\Remote Utilities Files is an XML called "connections.xml" or similar, and in this is a complete list of all connections in XML format.  There were several entries that weren't showing up in RUT viewer, I deleted these and all is good again!

Conrad, Support (Posts: 2371)

Oct 24, 2018 5:34:38 am EDT

Hello Tom,

The connections_4.xml file is the file where your general address book is stored. However, all entries must be shown not just some of them.

Either the file was corrupted somehow or it was one known bug with the 6.8 address book that has been fixed in the current version 6.9.

Anyway, I'm glad that you figured out and fixed the issue.

Thanks.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using this website you agree to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.