Full Control and View mode isn't working or is unstable
Full Control and View mode doesn't work (black screen) or is unstable. Other connection modes work properly.
Follow the solutions below in the order they are provided. If a solution doesn't fix the issue, try the next solution etc.
- Restart the remote PC where the Host is installed.
- Make sure that you have Full control and View only modes enabled on the Modes tab in remote Host settings. If you are away from the Host PC, you can access the Host settings remotely from the Viewer; just use the Remote settings feature.
If you use Remote Utilities security make sure that your account permissions allow you to connect in Full Control and/or View only mode. To verify your account permissions, open Settings for Host → Authentication → Users and access control.
- Update your Viewer and Host to the most recent version. Follow the Updating Remote Utilities guide.
- Open Settings for Host → Other and enable Use legacy capture mode.
- Update your graphics card driver.
- Add Host to your antivirus software exceptions.