I created a new windows server on AWS and installed the rut server software and I created a new host install package to reflect the server name instead of the DNS. What is the best way to retain the address book structure so that when imported to the new server, the remote hosts will see and reconcile the settings on the new server?
You are using the "address book sync" feature with auto-import enabled, correct? I further assume that you want your newly added Hosts get added to the address book so that the new server address is reflected in connection properties of the address book items.
1. In the server Admin Console click File -> Address book manager.
2. In the address book manager window click File -> Auto-import...
3. If you migrated all your data properly and previously used the auto-import feature, the checkbox should be enabled and the target address book folder should be specified in the dropdown list. Click Default connection properties.
4. Navigate to the Connection tab, make sure Internet-ID connection is selected and click Change.
5. Specify your new server address and click OK. Click OK in all parent windows and close the address book manager.
Please, note that this will change the internet-id server address for all newly added hosts. Existing hosts will keep the old address though and unless you set up redirect to the new server they won't be able to connect to the server. Make sure that you either set up redirect or update the actual settings on each installed Host.
As for existing Hosts in your Viewer address book - you can mass-update ID server information there simply by selecting multiple items and clicking Properties in the right-click menu.