Community

File Transfer only copying 2 MB of data

Links used in this discussion
Andrew Cook, User (Posts: 2)
May 11, 2022 8:05:17 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Not for the first time, in File Transfer mode, Remote Utilities is only copying the first 2 MB of the file or directory then gives up on the rest of the transfer.

Is anyone else having/had the same issue?

Any help with this recurring problem welcome.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Transfer only copying 2 MB of data
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2848)
May 11, 2022 4:24:25 pm EDT
Hello Andrew,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please double-check if your Host and Viewer are both updated to the latest version 7.1.2.0 and there's no version mismatch which might be causing the issue? If one of the modules is outdated, you can easily update them to the latest version via the Simple Update feature.

Hope that helps.
Mike B, User (Posts: 4)
Sep 21, 2023 9:53:39 am EDT
I have this problem quite regularly too (but not always). It stops the transfer saying there was an error, then if I try again and choose to replace the existing (partial) file it carries on and does another 2mb. And then the same thing happens over and over again.

Currently running v7.1.7.0 on both viewer and host. But I've been having this issue regularly but intermittently on all recent versions over the last few years.
Sep 21, 2023 2:48:20 pm EDT
Hello Mike,

Could you please let us know what is the average file size for the files you’re transferring when the issue occurs? In addition, are you using Direct connection or Internet-ID connection with the File Transfer mode? Does this happen to all files regardless of their format or only to some certain file extensions?

Looking forward to your reply.
Mike B, User (Posts: 4)
Sep 21, 2023 4:19:35 pm EDT

Pauline wrote:

Hello Mike,

Could you please let us know what is the average file size for the files you’re transferring when the issue occurs? In addition, are you using Direct connection or Internet-ID connection with the File Transfer mode? Does this happen to all files regardless of their format or only to some certain file extensions?

Looking forward to your reply.

It's predominantly .zip files that I'm transferring, but seems to affect files of all types. Using an indirect/internet-ID connection. File sizes anywhere from a couple of mb up to 100mb (that's just what I transfer, not saying larger files transfer ok). Small files never an issue (under 1mb).
Sep 21, 2023 7:09:41 pm EDT
Hello Mike,

Thank you for the clarification.

I will forward this information to our developers to see if we’re able to reproduce the issue and, if so, implement a fix for it in our future updates.

I’ll let you know once there’s any update on the issue.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)