Community

lost copy and paste

Links used in this discussion
mike webb, User (Posts: 10)
Jul 28, 2021 9:46:54 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
not sure what happened, the copy and paste stopped working on my bosses computer. the problem is when she copies text from her remote computer to her local machine. both host and viewer have the lastest version of remote utility's. can someone help?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2848)
Jul 28, 2021 11:44:11 am EDT
Hello Mike,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please double-check if you have the Disable clipboard transfer feature enabled in the Host Settings -> Other tab?
lost copy and paste - 28 Jul 2021 11:44:35
If the feature is enabled, please try deselecting the checkbox and restarting Host in order for changes to be applied.

Hope that helps.
Jul 28, 2021 9:45:31 pm EDT
i check to make sure the host did not have "disable clipboard transfer" enabled. it is not. she still cannot copy a line of text from her remote computer and paste to her local computer. but i can log onto her same remote computer and copy from it, then paste to my local machine. it appears like the problem is with her viewer. does that make sense ?
Jul 29, 2021 1:44:41 pm EDT
Hello Mike,

Thank you for the clarification.

In this case could you please double-check with your customer if she has any software installed on her Viewer machine that might be able to obtain control over the clipboard content?
In addition, please also check if this specific Viewer has the Do not synchronize clipboard feature enabled. This feature can be found in the Viewer Options window -> Remote Screen tab - in case if the feature is enabled, please try deselecting the checkbox to turn it off and restarting Viewer.

Hope that helps.
Jul 30, 2021 9:36:32 am EDT
thank you.
Aug 23, 2021 3:55:26 pm EDT
this problem just keeps coming back. same as before. bosses computer cant copy from the remote computer to the local computer. i can get on her remote computer and copy and paste works for me. i've check if she has any programs that could be interfering with remote utilities ability to copy and paste and i don't see anything that could be doing that. is there a way to set her remote utility viewer back to the default settings ?? are maybe something else to try ??
Aug 23, 2021 5:11:03 pm EDT
Hello Mike,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please clarify if you mean that the Do not synchronize clipboard feature in the Viewer Options was turned on somehow? If this is the case, please try resetting Viewer to its default settings by following these steps:
1. Fully exit the Viewer File -> Exit.
2. Locate the file config_4.xml in the C:\Users\[Your_username]\AppData\Roaming\Remote Utilities Files\ folder.
Please note that the AppData folder might be hidden by default in which case you need to enable "Hidden files and folders" in Windows Explorer settings.
3. Remove the config_4.xml file from that folder.
This will reset the Viewer settings. Your address books won't be affected by this action, however, you will need to register this Viewer with a license key once again.
4. Run Viewer and see if this helped to resolve the issue.

Please let me know if the issue persists.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)