Community

Host Importing Twice into Addressbook

Links used in this discussion
Paul Downing, User (Posts: 4)
Jul 16, 2021 12:39:53 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I am new to this program and been toying with the free trial the last couple days. I seem to be having an issue importing workstations into the address book.  I have it set to auto-import into the Workstations addressbook upon installation of the host client. But it's importing as the Workstation name AND as the fully-qualified AD name of that workstation, ex. PC1  and as PC.ou.myplace.org.  It does this for new and old workstations that I have been testing this on.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2848)
Jul 16, 2021 3:13:57 pm EDT
Hello Paul,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please clarify if you mean that you've enabled both the Auto-import feature and the RU Server/AD integration at the same time? If this is the case, then this is what might be causing the duplication issues - please try disabling one of the features and see if this helps to stop connections from getting duplicated.

Hope that helps.
Jul 16, 2021 5:05:07 pm EDT
Thanks for the reply. No, the AD Synchronization is not enabled for the address book. I have the auto-import option enabled in the host settings during the MSI install. Once the host is installed, it shows as the machine name (PC01), and it also appears as PC01.myplace.org in the address book.
Jul 19, 2021 10:47:20 am EDT
Hello Paul,

Thank you for the clarification.

Could you please send us a screenshot of your address book where the connection and its duplicate are both visible? In addition, if possible, could you please provide us the address book or the folder where the auto-imported connections are saved? You can export it as described in this guide and send it to us to support@remoteutilities.com, so I could forward it to our developers for examination.

Looking forward to your reply.
Jul 27, 2021 11:23:39 am EDT
Hi. I sent the requested information to the email address provided and have not received a response. We are interested in the product, but if we can not get it working as intended or support, we will have to look elsewhere for a solution.
Jul 27, 2021 1:27:35 pm EDT
Hello Paul,

Thank you for your message.

I've double-checked our inbox, but, unfortunately, it seems like we haven't received any emails from you regarding the issue. Could you please try re-sending it to us once again to support@remoteutilities.com?

Jul 27, 2021 2:06:26 pm EDT
I have resent the email.
Jul 27, 2021 4:27:23 pm EDT
Hello Paul,

Thank you for your patience.

Unfortunately, we still haven't received an email yet. However, I've emailed to the address that is connected to your account on our Community Forum myself, so you can simply reply to this email instead.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)