Community

no keyboard shows to enter password on iOS

Links used in this discussion
A S, User (Posts: 4)
Jan 22, 2020 7:16:12 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
I’m having the same issue, but it looks like there was recognition of the problem and a fix in newer version. I only downloaded and installed  within the last week. Jan 2020, so I’d be expecting to have the latest version. I’ve tried on a number of devices
iPad
iPhone
Android phone
Windows PC
And android tablet.  This was the first and it worked beautifully but I only have access to this device some of the time. after this I tried the devices I usually have.

It’s possible there may be other issues but what it looks like is no keyboard or the field is not expecting input.

Any thoughts?
Many thanks
A S, User (Posts: 4)
Jan 23, 2020 8:59:37 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
Update for my issue, I took the iPad to the remote computer network and now it connects perfectly, asking for keyboard entry etc and connected, so actually my problem is to connect over the internet. Unsure if there is an extra layer of config required?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2848)
Jan 23, 2020 1:23:59 pm EST
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please clarify if I'm right in assuming that the issue with no password input filed being available occurs on all of the devices you've listed above, i.e. iPhone, iPad, Android phone and Windows PC?
If this is the case, please let me know if you're getting any other errors when trying to connect to a remote Host machine or is it just a greyed-out password input filed? In addition, please let me know if you have your password saved on any of the devices where the issue occurs?

I took the iPad to the remote computer network and now it connects perfectly, asking for keyboard entry etc and connected, so actually my problem is to connect over the internet.

Could you please confirm that the issue does not occur for the devices listed above when connecting to the Host using the direct connection and only occurs using the Internet-ID connection method? If this is the case, please try referring to this troubleshooting guide and see if any of the solutions listed there help to resolve the issue.

Looking forward to your reply.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)