Community

Host and Agent availability for Linux and Mac

Page:

Polina, Support (Posts: 1156)

May 28, 2020 4:48:38 pm EDT

Hello Aarush,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, we never provide pre-beta releases. Sorry about this.

Please let us know if you have other questions.

Thomas Hill, User (Posts: 3)

Oct 30, 2020 9:46:52 am EDT

Hello!  Can we please have an update on the status of this project?  

Due to the pandemic, I am replacing still more of our thin clients with Mint machines and need a reliable and secure connection option.

Oct 30, 2020 10:29:31 am EDT

Hello Thomas,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, we cannot provide a more specific ETA on the release of Host for Mac/Linux yet. We hope to release it by the end of this year and will do our best to provide Host for Mac/Linux as soon as we can. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Meanwhile, as a temporary alternative, please consider using Host on Linux Mint via Wine - we've previously received feedback from our other users who were successfully using Remote Utilities on Linux machines using Wine.

Hope that helps.

Walt Kuzma, User (Posts: 1)

Nov 04, 2020 8:55:49 pm EST

Support level: Free or trial
Being a first time poster and user of RemoteUtilities I wanted to say that I am glad I found this program. I have been using another remote desktop program for years until I got tired of them flagging my use as commercial and trying to force me to pay for a monthly subscription. I  was pleasantly surprised to see a free registration that allows both personal and commercial use included in the program. So far I have been using your program for less then a week but have grown to love the ease of use. I understand that a linux host is being worked on and will wait for it's release since one of my computers does contain Ubuntu 18.04 and a host for it will be a plus to me. I for one (1) am glad I found this program.

Nov 05, 2020 4:23:17 pm EST

Hello Walt,

Thank you for your kind words!

We're glad you enjoy using Remote Utilities!

understand that a linux host is being worked on and will wait for it's release since one of my computers does contain Ubuntu 18.04 and a host for it will be a plus to me.

Yes, Host/Agent for Mac/Linux is currently in development. We hope to be able to release it in a month or two.

Please feel free to post another message on our Community Forum if you have more questions or need further assistance. We're happy to help!
Page:

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -5)

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using this website you agree to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.