Ok, here is how to test it and help us diagnose:
Download this pre-release Viewer build
. Download the latest version
2. Fully close the Viewer (File -> Exit).
3. Unpack the downloaded zip file and replace the original files (C:\Program Files\Remote Utilities - Viewer) with the ones from the archive. Note: this won't affect your address book because it is stored elsewhere (originally in the %APP DATA% folder).
4. Run the Viewer. Make sure your address book is there.
5. Enable Viewer logging: click Tools
tab -> Options
-> Event log
tab -> and check Use event log
6. Enable the log panel in the Viewer interface: navigate to the View
tab and toggle Show event
7. Exit the Viewer.
8. Run the Viewer again and wait for about 1 minute.
9. Check the log for errors that start with "CheckID Connection ...". If there are any, copy and send us the log.
To keep this thread easily scannable by readers please don't post the logs right here. Just send them to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Bonus: also test how the new instant search feature works in the Viewer and let us know your feedback :)