+1. Same thing started 3 to 4 days ago best I can tell. No way to distinguish between those that are truly offline and not. Installed Viewer and portable Viewer are current (126.96.36.199). Hosts are a mix of 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206. Nearly all show the same, offline. Out of a couple hundred Host installations, I have about 4 that show as online. Yet I'm still able to connect to the offline hosts (I happen to know they are online).
Conrad, Same problem here. Started several days ago. Just wanted to add a little info to see if it helps. We have set up our own RU Self-hosted server and are testing it for one of our sites and that one site is showing Online / Offline correctly. Only my sites running on your default, public servers have the problem.
1. Download this pre-release Viewer build. Download the latest version.
2. Fully close the Viewer (File -> Exit).
3. Unpack the downloaded zip file and replace the original files (C:\Program Files\Remote Utilities - Viewer) with the ones from the archive. Note: this won't affect your address book because it is stored elsewhere (originally in the %APP DATA% folder).
4. Run the Viewer. Make sure your address book is there.
5. Enable Viewer logging: click Tools tab -> Options -> Event log tab -> and check Use event log.
6. Enable the log panel in the Viewer interface: navigate to the View tab and toggle Show event log.
7. Exit the Viewer.
8. Run the Viewer again and wait for about 1 minute.
9. Check the log for errors that start with "CheckID Connection ...". If there are any, copy and send us the log.
To keep this thread easily scannable by readers please don't post the logs right here. Just send them to email@example.com .
Bonus: also test how the new instant search feature works in the Viewer and let us know your feedback :)